Wiki Posts
Search

Economy plus change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Gold
Economy plus change

Hello, I am looking at booking a flight from AGP (Malaga) to London. I would ideally like to travel at 11:10 on 1 May (but the price is EUR 384). There is a cheap fare at 00:35 on 1 May to LGW for EUR 68 economy plus. It says if I take economy+ I can change onto a flight the same day 1 hour before departure. 1 hour before departure would be 30 April. Assuming there is availability on the LHR flight (or another one of the late morning/early afternoon flights on 1 May), will the system let me change eg at 11pm on 30 April?

Screenshot
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:13 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
If you buy a ticket to LGW, then your free change would have to be on another LGW flight. You can't change to a Heathrow flight.

I'm not sure if you would be allowed to switch from a BA to Vueling flight.

But I suspect that is all academic since I am pretty sure that if you try to make a change before midnight the system will simply offer to make a change for a change fee and fare difference. That flight timing is going to be pretty rare for BA European short-haul operations. I guess BA probably hasn't thought through the implications of same-day changes with such timings.
Cymro likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Gold
Ok interesting re: LGW / LHR point. I see that it says:
"Free changes on the day of departure provided changes are for same date/cabin/route/airport."
I fly LON-EDI very frequently and usually they let me change onto any London airport on the return (LCY/LHR) pretty easily.

...Now to decide if it's worth the risk... or just do a double avios gold reward ticket.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by gms
If you buy a ticket to LGW, then your free change would have to be on another LGW flight. You can't change to a Heathrow flight.

I'm not sure if you would be allowed to switch from a BA to Vueling flight.

But I suspect that is all academic since I am pretty sure that if you try to make a change before midnight the system will simply offer to make a change for a change fee and fare difference. That flight timing is going to be pretty rare for BA European short-haul operations. I guess BA probably hasn't thought through the implications of same-day changes with such timings.
Also, I believe that plus fares have to be changed at least one hour before departure, which would make changing that one impossible.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, effectively FCOD does not apply to that service, one of the very few to depart between midnight and 01:00 hrs. And you are not able to flip airports since that moves from revalidation to reissue of tickets. In a way you are lucky to have a midnight option given how high the fares are. GIB and SVQ are also expensive / no sensible redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.