Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Wife Checking In Before Me - Diamond Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:30 am
Original Poster

I have a reservation at the Conrad Manila booked for Dec 2-7. Due to my flight schedule change, I will be arriving 5AM on Dec 5th.

Since my wife flew out before me, she checked-in as the secondary guest. The front desk agent told her that she will not get my diamond benefits (breakfast, lounge access) until the day that I arrive to the hotel.

Is this how the policy works? Sorry not familiar with Hilton as I normally stay with Hyatt (which never gave me this issue)
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:22 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The Hilton terms and conditions say:

Hilton Honors members must be the registered, paying and staying guest to qualify for on-property benefits. Member benefits are not transferable to any other individual.

Many hotels would grant the benefits to your wife in this situation, but she isn't entitled to them. If she herself is gold or diamond then that's a different story.

Otherwise you could book a room in your name and put anyone in the world as the second guest, and they could get diamond benefits without you ever turning up.
jalves likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:29 am

Yes it is how it works. Some hotels can be lenient with it; but if they follow the rules like in this case, you can't do anything.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
The Hilton terms and conditions say:

Many hotels would grant the benefits to your wife in this situation, but she isn't entitled to them. If she herself is gold or diamond then that's a different story.

Otherwise you could book a room in your name and put anyone in the world as the second guest, and they could get diamond benefits without you ever turning up.
can’t they just charge the room, but waive it after the primary guest (diamond status) turns up?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by BaconSF
can’t they just charge the room, but waive it after the primary guest (diamond status) turns up?
They certainly could, if they wanted to go to all that effort.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Your wife should not have told them you were arriving 3 days later. Simply saying "my husband will arrive later today" would have done the trick. I would also have included her name as a second guest in the reservation and included a note in the special requests saying she would be the one checking in.
lougord99, Craig6z, MissJ and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stripe
Your wife should not have told them you were arriving 3 days later. Simply saying "my husband will arrive later today" would have done the trick. I would also have included her name as a second guest in the reservation and included a note in the special requests saying she would be the one checking in.
yes, I should’ve had her say I was arriving later that day. As for adding her name as second guest and leaving a note that she will be the one checking in, that was done.

i reached out to the floor manager and she made an exception, so wife will get the diamond benefits
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by BaconSF
yes, I should’ve had her say I was arriving later that day. As for adding her name as second guest and leaving a note that she will be the one checking in, that was done.

i reached out to the floor manager and she made an exception, so wife will get the diamond benefits
That is great news, glad you got that done for her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.