Wiki Posts
Search

Question about assistance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club
Question about assistance

We are flying to Miami next week and have chosen seats upstairs which my mum prefers. She recently broke her knee and is now fully recovered and fine with stairs. But she is not yet up to walking long distances or standing for a long time. I wanted to book assistance for when we arrive in Miami, but am worried that this will automatically move out seats to downstairs on the flight. Does mobility assistance automatically trigger a move downstairs on the plane?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by JessicaB
We are flying to Miami next week and have chosen seats upstairs which my mum prefers. She recently broke her knee and is now fully recovered and fine with stairs. But she is not yet up to walking long distances or standing for a long time. I wanted to book assistance for when we arrive in Miami, but am worried that this will automatically move out seats to downstairs on the flight. Does mobility assistance automatically trigger a move downstairs on the plane?
It used to be a problem on the B747, but with the A380 it’s no problem at all.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks. The only reason I asked was because I seem to remember a thread on here where someone had booked assistance and was reassigned seats at the gate on a 380. But I may have got confused (it happens frequently!)
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You have nothing to worry about.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Thanks. The only reason I asked was because I seem to remember a thread on here where someone had booked assistance and was reassigned seats at the gate on a 380. But I may have got confused (it happens frequently!)
No, you're OK from early on-set even though the thread was from a while back. On the 747s the CSDs actually had a mini office on lower deck and assistance passengers were offten near to that spot.

Upper deck seats blocked
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you. You are honestly all wonderful people, I cannot tell you how much easier you have made my flying life with your continual help and advice.

Just in case you remember, last Christmas my mum did the same flight but on her own. She had assistance booked but she found a young man at the check-in who happened to be going to Miami, and he became her assistance / best friend / personal butler on the journey. I posted a thread about him on here, so nice that there are lovely kind people like him around. Alas this year she's stuck with her daughter so we're getting the assistance.
redpalmetto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.