Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Paramount+

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
British Airways Paramount+

In today's announcement, BA are teaming up with Paramount+ to show content on board:

I believe you will be able to watch some shows on board.
It will also include SHOWTIME®, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and the Smithsonian Channel™ content.
If this means I can watch episodes of Yellowstone I will consider it a positive development!

I understand that BA will also reward bronze, silver and gold BAEC members with a month of free streaming with Paramount+.

Last edited by crazy8534; Dec 1, 2022 at 2:16 pm Reason: I initially thought it was streaming on board but apparently only "curated content" so have altered.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
I understand that BA will also reward bronze, silver and gold BAEC members with a month of free streaming with Paramount+.
1 month free currently available to all with a code from a packet of crisps.

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 1, 2022 at 2:47 pm Reason: Repair quotation frame
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bmiStar
1 month free currently available to all with a code from a packet of crisps.
Would that be the packet of crisps that they hand out in ET?

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 1, 2022 at 2:49 pm Reason: Repair quotation frames
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Ha ha yeah, not exactly thrilling and I imagine that BA are paying the princely sum of £0 for all of this....
Initially I thought we were going to get streaming on board à la AA, but alas not.
bafan likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 3:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If this means I can watch episodes of Yellowstone I will consider it a positive development!
I was just browsing the listings on BA.com for a flight I have later this month. What I found was 3 episodes from season 1 plus 10 from season 4
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ratechaser
It's a Walkers promotion, so not by that method.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 3:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

So being a BAEC member saves us £3 plus a never ending stream of emails from Walkers PR dept. Not a bad deal
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
And they think this will make a significant difference to the passenger experience, when everything else is so hit and miss…?
SxMan and salut0 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:24 pm

I’ve always wondered why airlines haven’t taken a decent payday from the vast streaming services… is BA the first?

It’s superb marketing… show the first 4 eps of The Morning Show (or whatever) with an annoying pop up mid ep to sign up free for a month or so.

Guesstimates as to how much BA make out of this are welcome.
Intl359Widget and crazy8534 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Very cool!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by VictorSierra
I’ve always wondered why airlines haven’t taken a decent payday from the vast streaming services… is BA the first?

It’s superb marketing… show the first 4 eps of The Morning Show (or whatever) with an annoying pop up mid ep to sign up free for a month or so.
AA seems to have done something like that with Apple TV+ where it will only show the first 2-3 episodes on IFE. Kind of annoying though.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Errrr, whilst I don't have anything against Paramount+, I wonder why BA has chosen to focus on a package of content predominantly from the other side of the Atlantic in preference to focusing on the British value proposition, supporting British content and doing something with the likes of Britbox.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ratechaser
There was no code with my crisps on this morning's LHR-EDI service.

I thought the ad was very creative and cheeky as a "Trekkie".
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Errrr, whilst I don't have anything against Paramount+, I wonder why BA has chosen to focus on a package of content predominantly from the other side of the Atlantic in preference to focusing on the British value proposition, supporting British content and doing something with the likes of Britbox.
The simple answer is that Paramount and other American studios own the content on their services so can license it for use on IFE.
Britbox doesn’t own anything and even the BBC or ITV would have a to cherry pick which titles from their library could be included.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
Because we can watch Coronation Street here for free already, I'd guess?
Not to pour scorn on your comment, but Britbox would surely be more beneficial to people who don't have UK terrestrial tv access, I'd have thought? Unless it's vastly improved since I last looked at it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.