Wiki Posts
Search

No record I was on a flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

No record I was on a flight

Has anyone had this happen? On April 14, 2022, I was booked on Delta Flight #5016 in Seat 13A from GNV-ATL. When I checked in, I was upgraded to Seat 1D. Upon arrival in ATL, my connecting flight upgrade had cleared to Seat 1A. At boarding, my boarding pass was denied. Agent said I never flew the first segment, so my seat was canceled. It was an oversold flight and she continued to tell me she couldn't get me on the flight because I didn't fly the originating segment. I asked for a supervisor who repeated her position that I didn't fly the originating segment so my reservation was canceled. Upon asking for a copy of the denied boarding policy, he said he found me a seat in coach. I boarded last and got home. For months I have requested flight credit for the missing flight, Delta continues to say I didn't fly the segment. I just tried one more time to get the credit added to my account with the same result. My question is this, if something had gone wrong with this flight. It would be a huge mess with my estate. No record I was a passenger. How does this happen? My boarding pass was scanned. I sat in 1D. I flew from GNV to ATL. Delta has no recored of it.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like maybe BP didn't actually scan for some reason. Normally, they should catch it when they do a passenger count, but sometimes they are apparently not very diligent. Google "Marilyn Hartman".
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Wow, I never knew her story. Interesting. I guess I am naive to think they have adequate checks and balances for passengers these days.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Do you have any time/date/location stamped phone pictures from the flight? Might help prove your point.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Yep, I actually have a photo on the plane. However, I am not sure it's worth it to try and get to the right person to talk to about it. The frontline staff is not interested or authorized to say anything other than "we do not see that you were on that flight."
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by CALeeIII
Yep, I actually have a photo on the plane. However, I am not sure it's worth it to try and get to the right person to talk to about it. The frontline staff is not interested or authorized to say anything other than "we do not see that you were on that flight."
Oh I would press the hell out of it. Not only is it a safety issue that the manifest was apparently wrong, but you are owed miles.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Sounds like maybe BP didn't actually scan for some reason. Normally, they should catch it when they do a passenger count, but sometimes they are apparently not very diligent. Google "Marilyn Hartman".
AFAIK only regionals do head counts anymore.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
File a complaint. Delta's back office is incredibly messed up; I've been dealing with them for SEVEN MONTHS to get a credit for a cancelled flight. Delta can see the credit in my SkyMiles; I cannot. I cannot use the credit to rebook if I can't see it. It takes months for them to do anything, but you should insist that they give you the miles for both flights that you flew. They've been through this before no doubt, your BP just didn't scan correctly, or at all.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by jsn55
File a complaint. Delta's back office is incredibly messed up; I've been dealing with them for SEVEN MONTHS to get a credit for a cancelled flight. Delta can see the credit in my SkyMiles; I cannot. I cannot use the credit to rebook if I can't see it. It takes months for them to do anything, but you should insist that they give you the miles for both flights that you flew. They've been through this before no doubt, your BP just didn't scan correctly, or at all.
​​​​​​Look for the eCredit number in your cancellation email.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I hope you have been working with Delta since the flight months ago.

I am still working with Delta on a Q1 flight where they gave me way less MQD than paid due to an applied eCredit from a previous cancelled flight. After all these months and many many phone calls/emails/chat, I don't expect Delta to do the right thing...
Old Nov 26, 2022, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AFAIK only regionals do head counts anymore.
OP was on DL5016 GNV-ATL which is def not mainline
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
OP was on DL5016 GNV-ATL which is def not mainline
Didn't catch flight number. Just saw GNV-ATL and all is mainline currently.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Nothing new here. It has always happened. Tell Delta if they insist that you didn't fly it, then you want your money back as a credit. Now, it isn't exactly that simple but it will get their attention.

A long time ago there is a thread here someplace where a Memphis gate agent tells me I am connecting in ATL, not MEM, I said do I look like I am in Atlanta?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I just barely made an earlier flight once - agent closing door - me yelling "Diamond - please" - someone from the computer yelled 12C (or whatever seat it was) - never had a boarding pass and didn't get credit. When I asked for credit was told I never flew the flight. Told them I did - they send me a form called "Affidavit of flight" to fill in and sign. Possible needed a witness signature. - emailed copy - got points.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:32 am

This happened to me a few years back
I requested Mileage Credit for a flight I took
Was refused credit twice as they said "I didn't take the flight"
So I submitted ticket for a refund of its cost and got a refund
sydneyracquelle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.