Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint Procedure

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Complaint Procedure

I flew in First last week and have a large amount of complaints to make, including a 6 hour delay, baggage lost for a week, two broken suitcases, bad service etc.

Do I need to do just one form via the website or do I need to take a different approach. At the outset I’m keen to get my bag replaced asap due to upcoming travel and don’t want to slow that process down. Then of course reimbursement for the things I’ve had to buy whilst waiting for the bags.
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Re: bags, I assume your situation is bags were delivered to you a week later and you received them in a damaged condition?

if so, then I suggest you call BA to file a damaged baggage claim. Make sure you ask for the file reference number (this will be a new but similar number to the one you were issued when you filed the delayed baggage report, presumably at the airport when you arrived). You are supposed to be able to file this online, but I gave up last month after the website had me running around in circles asking for a damaged bag reference which of course I did not have.

If this is in the UK, BA will forward the claim to K2, an external company they use for baggage repair/replacement. You will then be contacted by K2 for details of damage so they can make an assessment of next steps. If yours is a generic brand for which they have a rough equivalent in stock that you are willing to accept, they can get a bag couriered to you in 48 hours.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
I should add - mine was a brand new but generic hardside suitcase that was only a couple weeks old when BA damaged it beyond repair, so I was offered a new like-for-like replacement. If yours is a more expensive piece of baggage, be prepared for a fight for decent compensation, or possible a longer turnaround for repair if they don’t have the parts.

K2’s standard practice for older bags is to offer compensation for the depreciated remaining life of the bag - 20% for each year you’ve had it.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingnomad
I should add - mine was a brand new but generic hardside suitcase that was only a couple weeks old when BA damaged it beyond repair, so I was offered a new like-for-like replacement. If yours is a more expensive piece of baggage, be prepared for a fight for decent compensation, or possible a longer turnaround for repair if they don’t have the parts.

K2’s standard practice for older bags is to offer compensation for the depreciated remaining life of the bag - 20% for each year you’ve had it.
two year old samsonite. Let’s see how I get on
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The baggage issues has its own mechanism as explained above, that will doubtless get sorted according to standard procedures.

For everything else, I would consider emailing Youfirst in the first instance, email address should be in your MMB. They will then pass it on to Customer Relations but you should get a faster response than via the standard way to do this, which is via
ba.com/complaints
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The baggage issues has its own mechanism as explained above, that will doubtless get sorted according to standard procedures.

For everything else, I would consider emailing Youfirst in the first instance, email address should be in your MMB. They will then pass it on to Customer Relations but you should get a faster response than via the standard way to do this, which is via
ba.com/complaints
great idea on emailing YouFirst rather than filling in the form. I’ll do that as the starting point.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

ba.com/complaints
is there a set email address for YouFirst or should I just use the form in the YF website?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
is there a set email address for YouFirst or should I just use the form in the YF website?
Either should be fine. If using the webform, do a screen shot after you have composed your epistle, just in case.
Tocsin likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Either should be fine. If using the webform, do a screen shot after you have composed your epistle, just in case.
And always, ALWAYS Ctrl+C the text before you submit. If the session times out, fails or otherwise misconnects, you don’t get to go back. You must start all over again.

Save yourself from the rage I had to endure twice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.