Wiki Posts
Search

BA193 LHR - DFW 18 Aug delay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
BA193 LHR - DFW 18 Aug delay

LHR to DFW today delayed to take off after 3pm which means I will miss my connection and have to be rebooked out of DFW tomorrow morning.

Assume this is a slam dunk for EU261?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Not necessarily, it depends on the cause of the delay. I was delayed on 7 July when BA67 went tech, missed connexion and had to overnight in PHL, BA are still 'investigating' that when I put the claim in on 8 July
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
OK - I am on this at the end of the month. These flights are notoriously late for one reason or another.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
OK - I am on this at the end of the month. These flights are notoriously late for one reason or another.
It was delayed an hour and 10 mins, then when they got everyone onboard and the hold closed, it was further delayed for 50 mins as one of the cargo handlers had left their truck blocking us from being able to back out!

Probably gone for a tea break!
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Don't forget EU261 also covers duty of care regardless of the reason so meals and accommodation will be covered by BA. You might need to pay yourself and claim back, but speak to BA staff at DFW first incase they can arrange anything.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jpm81
It was delayed an hour and 10 mins, then when they got everyone onboard and the hold closed, it was further delayed for 50 mins as one of the cargo handlers had left their truck blocking us from being able to back out!

Probably gone for a tea break!
If this was the sequence of events that led to you missing an otherwise viable DFW connection then you probably are ok for EC261. While it is fresh in your mind, I would make a note, dated and timed, as to what you recall the flight deck and/or IFM said about this, but by the sounds of it, it doesn't look like an edge case. Also note precisely when the doors open in Texas.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If this was the sequence of events that led to you missing an otherwise viable DFW connection then you probably are ok for EC261. While it is fresh in your mind, I would make a note, dated and timed, as to what you recall the flight deck and/or IFM said about this, but by the sounds of it, it doesn't look like an edge case. Also note precisely when the doors open in Texas.
Thank you, I will be submitting the claim when I get to the hotel tonight whilst all fresh in my mind.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
They can usually make up 40min on the way to DFW but you won’t get any sympathy trying to make your way through the immigration queue there (assuming you are not a US citizen or have global entry) as a large proportion of the flight will be trying to get to a connection.

Good luck and I have previously just booked the Hyatt and paid myself and claimed from my insurance. Not sure where BA tend to send people overnight.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazy8534
They can usually make up 40min on the way to DFW but you won’t get any sympathy trying to make your way through the immigration queue there (assuming you are not a US citizen or have global entry) as a large proportion of the flight will be trying to get to a connection.

Good luck and I have previously just booked the Hyatt and paid myself and claimed from my insurance. Not sure where BA tend to send people overnight.
Yeah, i'm travelling with work and both my assistant and the corp travel agent couldn't get BA to confirm me on a flight tonight as nothing available. I'm booked in the double tree for tonight so i have a place to stay at least and will then claim it back.

Current arrival is 7pm and connection was at 6.45pm.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Email from BA overnight,

Thanks for contacting us about your claim for compensation. We’re sorry it was necessary to delay your flight to Dallas on 18 August and you missed your connecting flight as a result. We understand how frustrating this was, especially as you incurred additional expenses. This isn’t what you should expect of us, and we understand why you needed to complain. We’d also like to thank you for your patience while we got back to you about this.

We take all reasonable measures to avoid delaying a flight and we’ll always consider if there are any alternative solutions available before we make a decision.

I’ve checked the details of your journey and I’m pleased to advise you’re entitled to compensation for the delay to your flight, BA0193, on 18 August. The distance of your disrupted journey was over 3,500km and this has been calculated in accordance with EU legislation. This means you’re entitled to €600.00 in compensation.

The best way to settle your claim is by bank transfer and it would be helpful if you could send me the following information:
  • Bank name
  • Branch name
  • Bank country
  • Sort code (6 digits)
  • Account number (8 digits)
You can send us your information by clicking on the secure blue reply link below my name. You’re welcome to send more than one email if you’re concerned about giving us all your information at the same time.

Once again, please accept our apologies for your experience. I hope to hear from you soon.
So compensation for that, have replied in the follow up on the hotel bill for DFW too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.