Search

Conflicting advice about evoucher.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: flying blue, baec
Conflicting advice about evoucher.

Hi everyone,
My son has a flight only evoucher from last November which is not eligible for a refund as we cancelled a big family holiday thinking that the USA was not going to open up in time. Unfortunately for us, it did and my son and girlfriend's BA flight went ahead. But we had already made the decision to postpone as several of us could not change holiday dates at the last minute.
We've been told on another forum that all vouchers are slowly being refunded and we should just wait, but I cannot find this info on Ba's website. Can anyone help with this?
We would use the voucher for accommodation but this apparently has to be done over the phone and despite several days of trying, I have not been able to do this. I have got through several times only to be told to try different options on the phone but I am getting nowhere and spending many hours in queues.

So, if anyone could give me the correct phone number with the correct options to use the evoucher to book a hotel, I would be extremely grateful. Alternatively, I would love to know if it is in fact true that he eventually will get a refund.
thanks for reading.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by p3aud
Hi everyone,
My son has a flight only evoucher from last November which is not eligible for a refund as we cancelled a big family holiday thinking that the USA was not going to open up in time. Unfortunately for us, it did and my son and girlfriend's BA flight went ahead. But we had already made the decision to postpone as several of us could not change holiday dates at the last minute.
We've been told on another forum that all vouchers are slowly being refunded and we should just wait, but I cannot find this info on Ba's website. Can anyone help with this?
We would use the voucher for accommodation but this apparently has to be done over the phone and despite several days of trying, I have not been able to do this. I have got through several times only to be told to try different options on the phone but I am getting nowhere and spending many hours in queues.

So, if anyone could give me the correct phone number with the correct options to use the evoucher to book a hotel, I would be extremely grateful. Alternatively, I would love to know if it is in fact true that he eventually will get a refund.
thanks for reading.
To use the voucher against a package or hotel you can make the booking and then email [email protected] to apply the voucher.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the reply. If I book a hotel on the website, you have to pay immediately, so how would that work?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:05 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
If you make a BA Holiday booking then you must pay a deposit - may be just £150 - and you will need to pay the balance by a given date - usually about four weeks before the travel. You can send an email to BA Holidays prior to this date asking them to apply the value of your voucher. My recent experiences have been that the transfers were completed within 48 hours.

My BA Holiday bookings have been flight plus hotel. I'm unsure if hotel only bookings are possible.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can make a hotel only booking with that voucher, however it has to be done on the phone. Mostly BAH bookings are flight + hotel and/or +car hire, and the majority of these bookings allow both online booking and an online deposit.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can make a hotel only booking with that voucher, however it has to be done on the phone. Mostly BAH bookings are flight + hotel and/or +car hire, and the majority of these bookings allow both online booking and an online deposit.
Thank you for that. Would you ge able to tell me what number I should be calling and what option nos I should do as I have tried many times and when I do get through, I have been told to phone again and use option 1 then 2, which means going to the back ov the queue again. I've been cut off after getting through to someone. I am happy to queue on the phone if I at least know that I will be reaching the right department.
Also, could you confirm for me that refunds are not being given to evouchers for flight only bookings that have already been refused refunds.
Again, thanks for your help and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by p3aud
Thank you for that. Would you ge able to tell me what number I should be calling and what option nos I should do as I have tried many times and when I do get through, I have been told to phone again and use option 1 then 2, which means going to the back ov the queue again. I've been cut off after getting through to someone. I am happy to queue on the phone if I at least know that I will be reaching the right department.
Also, could you confirm for me that refunds are not being given to evouchers for flight only bookings that have already been refused refunds.
Again, thanks for your help and thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply.
It's a central switchboard so the numbers are all here, depending on which country you live in:
ba.com/contact-us
There isn't usually much arbitrage in calling different numbers. You want the BA Holidays option. If it was for a flight booking (specifically not BA Holidays) then you could call another country on Skype since due to foreign language issues some places are better balanced in terms of workload. So calling Bremen on the Prague or Barcelona numbers is often a good idea, these numbers divert to Bremen, though Bremen has more limited opening hours. Voluntary cancellations are not being refunded, and one can appreciate why that is. If the voucher begins 125-4 then it can be used by other people who may be flying and they can use it online.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.