More than 4 months for a refund?

Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
More than 4 months for a refund?

Our flight back from Lyon on Easter Monday was cancelled a weekk beefore (nightmare with no other one available and 2 little boys).
Following a complaint the EUR1000 for EU261 were paid in a few days but still no refund for the tickets despite several calls to the Gold line...
Is that normal?
What can I do?
Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Our flight back from Lyon on Easter Monday was cancelled a weekk beefore (nightmare with no other one available and 2 little boys).
Following a complaint the EUR1000 for EU261 were paid in a few days but still no refund for the tickets despite several calls to the Gold line...
Is that normal?
What can I do?
Thanks!
Refunds are normally quicker than that and 4 months would suggest to me that something has got lost somewhere. I had a similar issue with an Avios redemption cancellation back in 2020. Avios appeared almost instantly but there was no cash refund after 3 months. After calling and being pretty persistent, I was told that they'd have to submit a new refund request and it was processed in a week or two.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Probably unlikely for you though worth posting on the off chance. I had a similar situation and waited over 6 months for a refund. Found out the card on file was different, so hence it was being rejected. Once update with my new card details refund was pretty instant.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
If you asked for a refund and not rerouting, etc then gold line can check and advise what happened with the refund request. it is possible that your cc details has an issue or something else but the agent should be aware of that.
If the answer is that it's still in the queue, then contact your cc provider and ask for a chargeback. In my opinion is not normal for a refund to take 4 months. However if there is a problem and the agent has to fix it then I would wait an another 2 weeks, then just chargeback with the cc. if that fails and you sure you didn't take a flight and asked for a refund, etc then MCOL.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
I filed for a claim end of April for two cancelled flights of less than 14 days notice, was 13 days 12 hours.. BA said it was greater than 14 days and still waiting despite numerous chasers.. Really really rubbish and i know they have 100000s to deal with, but come on.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by copenhagenBA
I filed for a claim end of April for two cancelled flights of less than 14 days notice, was 13 days 12 hours.. BA said it was greater than 14 days and still waiting despite numerous chasers.. Really really rubbish and i know they have 100000s to deal with, but come on.
You should send a notice before action letter to them, wait two weeks and MCOL. However, make sure you have sufficient evidence to prove your point. If in doubt just post your problem in bullet points in the relevant EU264 comp thread and the forum experts will able to advise what is the best way to deal with this, etc.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:59 pm

And I thought I was being made to wait an age! 4 weeks since I was advised by chat to call to initiate a refund for a payment taken for a reservation that was never ticketed. You would think this stuff was automatic.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 2:31 pm
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
There is almost no refund backlog at present, not has been for a while, so long waits like this suggests it has somehow got lost.
Please PM me the PNR and i will look on Monday. Sorry it has taken so long.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Thanks!
<PNR>

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 15, 2022 at 1:35 am Reason: PNR redacted for privacy
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:07 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hi, i have sent you a PM on this one.
Jimmie76 and Bullswood like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.