Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

KACV (Eureka/Arcata) wins grant to re-start Alaska service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium

Just read this...
https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/...irport-service

Looks like ACV is getting a grant from the DoT which will allow them to contract with Alaska to re-start service to Seattle.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
"But, in comparison to other larger airports, service is still extremely limited."

Oh, really? I wonder why? /s

With family in that area, I welcome additional options, though when I do the math, it's probably faster and more cost effective to drive than to fly north to SEA and then back down the coast across all of WA and OR.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Costco Club
Wonder if AS will keep RDD as well. I remember when QX used to fly to both but I think at one point it was a through flight.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
With family in that area, I welcome additional options, though when I do the math, it's probably faster and more cost effective to drive than to fly north to SEA and then back down the coast across all of WA and OR.
Yeah, I have family in Arcata as well. United has been the go-to for a while to get down to SAN thru SFO, but if Alaska starts flying I might actually find a flight my GGUs will work on.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I miss PDX-ACV flights!
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
EGE's $1 million grant is also aimed at attracting Alaska. Seattle-Vail would be an interesting add. Does the E175 have the ability to take off on that long a route from EGE with meaningful payload?

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/eagle...d-air-service/
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Perhaps they could do SEA-RDD-ACV-SEA. I believe in the past QX and Penair used to do something similar from PDX.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:56 pm

I flew ACV-LAX back in 2007 on QX and it was super convenient. I'd probably fly SEA-ACV a few times. Hard to get to that area without so much driving.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by StrandedinLA
I flew ACV-LAX back in 2007 on QX and it was super convenient. I'd probably fly SEA-ACV a few times. Hard to get to that area without so much driving.
Agreed, similarly, I did RDD-LAX on a QX Q400 in 2005.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
I hope they consider CIC at some point in the future too ... another airport getting together the money to re-start commercial service.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
EGE's $1 million grant is also aimed at attracting Alaska. Seattle-Vail would be an interesting add. Does the E175 have the ability to take off on that long a route from EGE with meaningful payload?

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/eagle...d-air-service/
If AA can fly a 757 into EGE, I'm sure AS can get an E175 in. Maybe I'm naive tho and it doesn't work like that?

I've always thought EGE was a glaring hole in AS's network. Would've thought when they announced some of those ski cities years ago it would be part of it, never understood GUC (Gunnison)
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
If AA can fly a 757 into EGE, I'm sure AS can get an E175 in. Maybe I'm naive tho and it doesn't work like that?

I've always thought EGE was a glaring hole in AS's network. Would've thought when they announced some of those ski cities years ago it would be part of it, never understood GUC (Gunnison)
Alaska has never flown to GUC. Do you mean HDN (Steamboat)? I agree that was an odd first add before JAC and EGE.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Alaska has never flown to GUC. Do you mean HDN (Steamboat)? I agree that was an odd first add before JAC and EGE.
Horizon flew the Q400 into GUC a few years ago.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300106494.html
Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan

I would not be so sure. I fly on United pretty regularly out of JAC to SFO/LAX on E175 and have seen it go out weight limited on more than one occasion with lots of ski bags getting left behind. I don't have experience on AS E175s on the route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.