Wiki Posts
Search

BA "abandons" travel journalists in Bari

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA "abandons" travel journalists in Bari

Can't see this already posted please delete if it has been - but not great publicity for BA. I am sure there will be a few articles coming up by disgruntled journalists after this.

https://www.travelgossip.co.uk/lates...airport-floor/
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
I would have thought "Travel Journalists" would know that there is a non-zero chance a plane can go tech, and should it happen late enough in the day there are limited options to what the airline can do at an outstation.
Would expect the same "Journalists" to be able to determine a backup plan in said unfortunate eventuality.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I shouldn't laugh, but I will … 🤣 😆 🤪 😎
geoshina, wrp96, Bullswood and 8 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by T8191
I shouldn't laugh, but I will … 🤣 😆 🤪 😎
I laugh with you!
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by YacozA
I would have thought "Travel Journalists" would know that there is a non-zero chance a plane can go tech, and should it happen late enough in the day there are limited options to what the airline can do at an outstation.
Would expect the same "Journalists" to be able to determine a backup plan in said unfortunate eventuality.
Yes, but that won't get the journalist clicks. It's all a lot of them seem to care about.
YacozA likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Clearly a deliberately hysterical headline, as "Plane develops technical fault resulting in long delay" would be less catchy...

That said, BA staff being unable to find a hotel seems to be a recurring theme, and is a concern.
wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'd be interested to know what caused this as oxygen masks don't usually just fall down on their own whilst the captain is waiting for takeoff permission.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by volar
I'd be interested to know what caused this as oxygen masks don't usually just fall down on their own whilst the captain is waiting for takeoff permission.
I shouldn't tell you this, but there’s a secret button that the CC or FD can push that makes it happen. That allows them an extra night down-route on expenses.

Now, sadly, I shall have to shoot you to preserve the secret.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I shouldn't tell you this, but there’s a secret button that the CC or FD can push that makes it happen. That allows them an extra night down-route on expenses.

Can the secret button be activated by the captain if a journalist on board has written something rude about them before? In the aircraft training manual it says "ensure hotel is booked before pressing button".
wrp96, T8191 and wijibintheair like this.

Last edited by abligh; Jul 4, 2022 at 8:36 am
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:12 am

I thought the way to do that was just by opening the door with the slide on "Auto"?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
LOL.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.