Search

Terminal 3 Sunday 3rd Security queue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:35 am
TGC
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Terminal 3 Sunday 3rd Security queue

There is a 200 plus meter queue to even get upstairs, they are not letting fast track users join a separate queue, any one heading this way be prepared for a long long wait
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:04 am

Airport users were pinged to advise of the queue. All 19 security lanes were open. Nothing more that LHR could do. Airports are crazy busy. I'm sure the queue went down pretty quickly.

How long did it take you to get through? You haven't updated
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by TGC
There is a 200 plus meter queue to even get upstairs, they are not letting fast track users join a separate queue, any one heading this way be prepared for a long long wait
Originally Posted by Alex Walker
Airport users were pinged to advise of the queue. All 19 security lanes were open. Nothing more that LHR could do. Airports are crazy busy. I'm sure the queue went down pretty quickly.

just sitting in the CX lounge... the queue to get upstairs was out the door (literally you to queue up outside). 20mins to get upstairs... then a mega snake for non fast track, but if youre lucky enough for fast track another 20mins after you get up stairs (as of 11am this morn).. good luck brave souls!

this queue goes from the ONE escalator all the way back past zone C and then outside... 20+ mins to reach the escalator to get upstairs..
becks1, wrp96 and Loungeabout like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Alex Walker

Do you work for Heathrow? That is one defensive post!
wrp96, Komodromou, SxMan and 12 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I thought it sounded rather like a press release as well.
86BA7, skipness1E, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:09 am
TGC
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
I received no notice, either by email, text or the app.
We got thru the fast track in about 45 mins
GaxxyFlyer and 36902BRF like this.

Last edited by TGC; Jul 3, 2022 at 6:20 am
Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I was at T3 last Sunday, and it took 90 minutes to get through. It's a mess, not just of HAL's making, but we also had a 60 minute ATC delay, and then no at-seat power on board - flying used to be fun......
SxMan and mnhusker like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TGC
I received no notice, either by email, text or the app.
We got thru the fast track in about 45 mins
The notice referred to above was sent to members of the airport community (ie. staff).
86BA7 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Originally Posted by SxMan
I thought it sounded rather like a press release as well.
I think this is not really fair. The FT'er was trying to help and provide information - as we all try and do. No need to start getting personal or suggesting any other agenda.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think this is not really fair. The FT'er was trying to help and provide information - as we all try and do. No need to start getting personal or suggesting any other agenda.
I think that‘s for the Mods to decide, no? The OP provided a purely factual account of what was going on at T3 to warn people to get there early / expect a long queue, it wasn’t criticising in any way in my reading. The response reads like it is addressing a post that wasn’t even made.

If my post is viewed as personal, sorry, that’s not what was meant, but this thread reads oddly to me.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Yesterday

I was there yesterday on AA LHR > BOS with 3 kids. No shorter fast track. No premium lanes. It was chaos. I politely finagled our way into a short cut “family lane.” They seem to be good about that in Europe in general.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Any information about queues during weekdays Monday to Thursday? Flying out on Tuesday with BA to NUE and of course I like to maximize CX lounge time so I can be there rather early if required
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JBauer
I was there yesterday on AA LHR > BOS with 3 kids. No shorter fast track. No premium lanes. It was chaos. I politely finagled our way into a short cut “family lane.” They seem to be good about that in Europe in general.
There is Fast Track, on the far right hand side as you look at the entrances to security - it has its own separate entrance. If you don't know it's there, it's quite easy to miss.
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Fast Track

We actually eventually saw that Fast Track but that also was so long we couldn’t even see the end of the line. When the rep saw how long that line against the wall was she hurried us into a family short cut thing.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Any information about queues during weekdays Monday to Thursday? Flying out on Tuesday with BA to NUE and of course I like to maximize CX lounge time so I can be there rather early if required
I’m wondering about this as well. We have an 0855 flight midweek and am wondering about timing. Should we plan to arrive 0730 (no luggage to check), or sooner, assuming fast track?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.