Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apologies - dumb questions coming right up

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Apologies - dumb questions coming right up (solved)

So I've found myself far away from normal civilisation and a couple airlines have had it out with each other over who owns my ticket [slightly off topic].
In the end, both refused and both offered to replace my ticket after one claimed the other cancelled my ticket. I was denied boarding at the gate (I used mobile boarding pass to get through to this point).
After loads of hoops, it's now meant my separate avios award ticket which I booked 26 hours ago is now no use as I won't get there in time to use it - I therefore would like to cancel it and get a refund of avios.

I went to manage my booking and it just offers FTV for cancellations. I applied (despite reading the blurb at the top being out of date and irrelevant to my ticket), and now I've had the email to say I'm not worthy (Ok).

In this place where I am with not much more than internet wifi, (I don't use what's app and can't use my phone abroad), is there a way to cancel online my BA booking (it's actually iberia express operating)? Because there is a cancellation section under manage my booking, but for me it is clearly irrelevant.

Flight is within 24 hours.

Last edited by cmnmia; Jun 30, 2022 at 2:35 pm Reason: To stop people wasting their team reading this
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
When did you make the avios booking? Have you already checked in?
cmnmia likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noFODplease
When did you make the avios booking? Have you already checked in?
Their systems actually said it failed, but the email still came through. I made it about 26 hours ago, and the flight is at 13:35 (CET). It's very confusing for me as I'm five hours behind UK. I haven't tried checking in. My plane is departing a full 12.5 hours later than the one I expected to board and lands in Madrid about five hours after this flight would take off.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I’m afraid this booking is lost as you are within 24hrs and outside of BWC. There is no refund possible.
cmnmia likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:25 pm

If it's within 24hrs you won't get any refund now
cmnmia likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help & explanations everyone.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I’ve had this and it is unacceptable.

An Avios booking now this book with confidence has ended is cancelable until T-24 hours. But if you go online to cancel you are still only offers the FTV screen for a voucher even if your booking is no longer eligible for a voucher.

I could get through to BA on the gold line and cancel but when I mentioned the IT being crap and not being able to cancel online, the agent told me it would be not problem, BA would see the voucher/cancel request and retroactively allow the Avios refund. I didn’t need to test it, but I do trust BA to counteract their crap IT by doing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.