Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF1/2

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

QF1/2

Anybody know what's going on WITH QF1/2 last couple of days? Lots of big delays. Assuming one of the 3xA380s went tech?

​​​​​Aren't there any replacements ready?
og likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold
I'm curious on this as I fly next week.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qf1
29th June - No flight
1st July (today) - Big delay
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

I'm on QF2 due to leave Heathrow 2115 today (1st), but now not departing until 0830 on 2nd.

Not ideal
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:00 pm

Looks like OQD is out of action. Guess this is what happens when they're running a schedule with no slack in the fleet. Same with the 787's. If one of them sneezes then it throws everything out. Weren't they meant to have more A380's online now?
eminere likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Acollier82
I'm on QF2 due to leave Heathrow 2115 today (1st), but now not departing until 0830 on 2nd.

Not ideal
Unless having something important on the planned arrival day, I would say that you are in luck - with an 08:30 departure you will have a better flight timing with a morning departure from London and an evening arrival in Sydney - plus you can claim GBP520 for the delay under EC261

If it was me taking the journey, I would call it a great win
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Very frustrating that Qantas are taking the path of running schedules as tight as possible to build back to profit.

I am flying QF1 SYD-SIN on 09/07 followed by an EK flight on a separate ticket, I don't see how they will be able to make up the time by then without a spare plane and with all flights full so no chance of cancelling and rebooking pax on other flights.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by mitellic
Very frustrating that Qantas are taking the path of running schedules as tight as possible to build back to profit.

I am flying QF1 SYD-SIN on 09/07 followed by an EK flight on a separate ticket, I don't see how they will be able to make up the time by then without a spare plane and with all flights full so no chance of cancelling and rebooking pax on other flights.
I can'r see why a delay today to QF2 will lead to there still being a delay in over a week's time to QF1
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Well, it looks like there are significant rolling delays of 12hrs+ scheduled for at least the next couple of days, and they have no spare planes with very little buffer built into the schedule. Maybe that is me panicking slightly, I do hope you are right.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold
From what I understand these planes are very full. An A380 getting cancelled, delayed or out of service will have a knock on effect for days.

I fly on Wednesday, so hopefully sorted by then!
mitellic likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:54 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Just keep saying it’s the “National Airline”. Cop it on the chin and assume all will be OK. Meanwhile everyone hit with disruptions, being bumped or otherwise inconvenienced start looking elsewhere.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by og
Just keep saying it’s the “National Airline”. Cop it on the chin and assume all will be OK. Meanwhile everyone hit with disruptions, being bumped or otherwise inconvenienced start looking elsewhere.
“spirit of Australia”
og and nivsy like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Taking qf2 tomorrow, will report back
Wouldn't mind a night in London, but also wonder where they'll put us up
Acollier82 can I ask what you guys did for the night?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
Do they extend the opening hours of the QF SIN lounge due to the delays, given QF1/QF2 are now getting into Singapore around 4am?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peachy3
Taking qf2 tomorrow, will report back
Wouldn't mind a night in London, but also wonder where they'll put us up
Acollier82 can I ask what you guys did for the night?
I live in the UK, so for me its a case of of just changing when I travel to the airport. The email I received said that qantas would reimburse accomodation up to AUD$600, plus evening meal and transport. So I imagine you could just pay our of pocket and claim at later date..
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Acollier82
I live in the UK, so for me its a case of of just changing when I travel to the airport. The email I received said that qantas would reimburse accomodation up to AUD$600, plus evening meal and transport. So I imagine you could just pay our of pocket and claim at later date..
Did it conveniently forget to mention compensation or was that included in the email?

With an 0830 departure, I would have stayed at the airport and been able to stay in bed longer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.