Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus 30 Celebration (on June 29th in NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond

Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of attending a celebration for 30 years of Finnair Plus here in NYC at the residence of the Consul General of Finland.

An intimate gathering, we were hosted by Consul General Ambassador Mika Koskinen who opened the dinner, followed by Vice President, Market Management, Mikko Turtiainen, who talked talk about Finnair's North America network and their renewed travel experience.

I was quite lucky to have been invited as it was a very small and intimate gathering of just a dozen or so folks. As one would imagine, His Excellency’s residence perched high up in a white glove building boasted jaw dropping views of Central Park from its Fifth Avenue address. He was a cheerful gentleman and consummate host. I did try to talk him out of joining NATO but he did not seem to bite =)

Mr Turtiainen was also a great host and brand ambassador who genuinely cared about hearing feedback and sharing with us his passion for the airline. Most insightful to me were his views on route strategy, changes they plan to make on frequencies in existing markets, the importance of their One World alliances and he even shared with us that they are launching a new route to Asia very soon but we were made to promise not share the city name :-)

Parting gifts included a pair of bluetooth headphones (that I can't figure out how to get to work) and a pair of socks that look to be very comfy.

Last edited by vivrant; Jun 30, 2022 at 8:07 am
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Sounds great!

So shall we start the guessing game? My vote goes to Bangalore due to the rumours earlier.

A long time ago, AY also hinted at Kathmandu. Due to airspace restrictions, I find it likely that Asia means South Asia. And Sri Lanka is out of bounds at the moment.
vivrant and nordic like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:57 am

Wow. Thank you for the trip report.
vivrant likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vivrant
Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of attending a celebration for 30 years of Finnair Plus here in NYC at the residence of the Consul General of Finland.

An intimate gathering, we were hosted by Consul General Ambassador Mika Koskinen who opened the dinner, followed by Vice President, Market Management, Mikko Turtiainen, who talked talk about Finnair's North America network and their renewed travel experience.

I was quite lucky to have been invited as it was a very small and intimate gathering of just a dozen or so folks. As one would imagine, His Excellency’s residence perched high up in a white glove building boasted jaw dropping views of Central Park from its Fifth Avenue address. He was a cheerful gentleman and consummate host. I did try to talk him out of joining NATO but he did not seem to bite =)

Mr Turtiainen was also a great host and brand ambassador who genuinely cared about hearing feedback and sharing with us his passion for the airline. Most insightful to me were his views on route strategy, changes they plan to make on frequencies in existing markets, the importance of their One World alliances and he even shared with us that they are launching a new route to Asia very soon but we were made to promise not share the city name :-)

Parting gifts included a pair of bluetooth headphones (that I can't figure out how to get to work) and a pair of socks that look to be very comfy.

Great report! It was indeed an intimate and very much enjoyable gathering!
SPBanker and vivrant like this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Fantastic! I love events like this. Just waiting for my invitation .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.