Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OLCI Not Working on 2 Flights for 16/6 - Why?

Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:01 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold

I haven't flown since last October but I'm on a flight to LIN tomorrow (16th June) and my daughter is on one to AMS. Both of us unable to OLCI despite the button being there to OLCI in MMB and us also receiving an e-mail informing us OLCI is open. Trying to just gets this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to offer you Online Check-in for this flight on this occasion.To check in and receive your boarding pass, please proceed to the airport"

When my daughter flew in from AMS 13 days ago she was able to OLCI for BA at AMS but seemingly not on the return LHR-AMS. So, are BA IT systems yet again up the creek or a wider issue to do with Covid related docs checks?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by BOH
I haven't flown since last October but I'm on a flight to LIN tomorrow (16th June) and my daughter is on one to AMS. Both of us unable to OLCI despite the button being there to OLCI in MMB and us also receiving an e-mail informing us OLCI is open. Trying to just gets this message:

"Sorry, we are unable to offer you Online Check-in for this flight on this occasion.To check in and receive your boarding pass, please proceed to the airport"

When my daughter flew in from AMS 13 days ago she was able to OLCI for BA at AMS but seemingly not on the return LHR-AMS. So, are BA IT systems yet again up the creek or a wider issue to do with Covid related docs checks?
The latter.
BOH likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:14 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
The latter.
Ok - but strangely BA still has the OLCI button in MMB and still sends out e-mails to pax stating that "OLCI is now open". And it certainly was available AMS-LHR on June 3rd.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I suppose removing the button would be a major overhaul of the system. It's set up instead to give you a message after clicking the link to try and check in.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
As a side note, flew AA on the Mex Dfw route and couldn't check in either time despite the app and website inviting me to. It's seems a fairly common thing
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:03 am
BOH
Original Poster

Does anyone have any recent experience of arriving at Milan LIN and know roughly how long the Immigration process takes at the moment with all the doc checks etc? I arrive there tonight on BA at 18:30 so trying to plan whether to try and get to my final destination in Italy tonight or not.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by BOH
Does anyone have any recent experience of arriving at Milan LIN and know roughly how long the Immigration process takes at the moment with all the doc checks etc? I arrive there tonight on BA at 18:30 so trying to plan whether to try and get to my final destination in Italy tonight or not.
A few weeks ago it was quite quick, so unless requirements have tightened up then you should be through fairly quickly. It's MXP that's the problem as you're more likely to land just after a long haul has landed.

I was in row 1 CE which would certainly help.

In my case all they did was check my passport. They did look through the passport pages presumably to see if I'd been anywhere recently. I'm not sure if the airline automatically informs them the proof of testing has been seen as they never asked me for that. So quick if near the front of the queue but for those at the back it will all add up.

If you're British you will now get a stamp like all the other non-EU countries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.