Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA award redemption on QR - Flight Cancelled any rights?

AA award redemption on QR - Flight Cancelled any rights?

Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, UR, MR
Exclamation AA award redemption on QR - Flight Cancelled any rights?

I have a flight for next week from LAX to LHE , Business class, on Qatar (QR) confirmed using AA miles. Less then a week prior to departure I received a flight cancellation email and contacted AA to rebook. They have been unable to and have only offered to redeposit the miles. Tried to contact QR but they sent me back to AA since they were the originators and it was their miles. Do I have any rights in this case since I had a confirmed flight. I have been unable to find an available award seat, and booked non-refundable hotels and a car rental after my flight was confirmed. Now I am in a precarious position and am wondering what options I have. For those who would ask , taxes were paid on Chase Sapphire Reserve. Hoping some high flyers would know what to do. Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Flight was cancelled or your reservation was cancelled? If it was just you, why?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
For QR schedule changes, you can ask AA for the OW liaison desk who can request you to be accommodated - No guarantee though. Just ask the agent to request seats on a alternative date or routing (on QR)

If QR stopped flying to LHE, it would be hard for AA to rebook you.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by salman211
I have a flight for next week from LAX to LHE , Business class, on Qatar (QR) confirmed using AA miles. Less then a week prior to departure I received a flight cancellation email and contacted AA to rebook. They have been unable to and have only offered to redeposit the miles. Tried to contact QR but they sent me back to AA since they were the originators and it was their miles. Do I have any rights in this case since I had a confirmed flight. I have been unable to find an available award seat, and booked non-refundable hotels and a car rental after my flight was confirmed. Now I am in a precarious position and am wondering what options I have. For those who would ask , taxes were paid on Chase Sapphire Reserve. Hoping some high flyers would know what to do. Thanks!
There is not a US law that would require AA to get you to LHE. The issue would be whether or not Qatar or Pakistan have laws that would get you anywhere with the operating carrier.

Last edited by mvoight; Jun 14, 2021 at 2:28 am
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
QR axed LHE through Jul 2.

BA has once weekly flights which could work, but the best option if you want to keep the ticket you have is probably to take QR to a different hub - DXB probably, or maybe try BAH or RUH or something - and then buy a ticket on someone else to get you the rest of the way.

Or, drive 4 hours from ISB to LHE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.