Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Already a globalist for 2022. Fwd should I charge Hyatt dining to room or Hyatt CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Already a globalist for 2022. Fwd should I charge Hyatt dining to room or Hyatt CC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP

going on a week trip to baha mar. Planning to eat only on premises pretty much.

Is one way of paying better than the other. Or does it not matter as long as I pay the hotel bill with the Hyatt CC?

I guarantee a travel pro will show me an angle I didn’t think of.

TIA
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Charging to room = added base points towards LT Globalist...?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is your room charge going onto your Hyatt CC?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Is your room charge going onto your Hyatt CC?
yes, thats was part of my original post.. thats why i was thinking in the end it doesnt matter, but i know i would get 2x CC points if i charged to the card directly..

Originally Posted by broncophil

Is one way of paying better than the other. Or does it not matter as long as I pay the hotel bill with the Hyatt CC?

TIA
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
If you're going while the 3X dining promo is going on and if the restaurants participate, pay with your Hyatt credit card at the time of eating in the restaurant. You'll get 3X points and all the Globalist bonuses. Every hotel has encouraged me to do this even though technically the promo is meant to attract people not staying on property.

If the 3x dining promo is done which I think it is supposed to be June 15, 2021, then just charge to your room.

Hopefully they'll extend promo. I've taken serious advantage of it.
broncophil likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by broncophil

TIA
Since you're staying @ the hotel, you won't earn bonus points even if you charge to the CC separately for the WOH Dine Local promo:

From the promo's FAQs (https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...e-local.html):

2. When do my qualifying purchases need to occur to be eligible for the promotion?
Eligible non-stay food and beverage charges at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts must occur between July 8, 2020 and June 15, 2021.
David
broncophil and cfabar1 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Again, if you stay at hotel, but pay by credit card at the time of eating, you will get credit if waiter inputs Hyatt # at time of payment. My points have posted before I leave restaurant every single times. I have done this at least 30 times.

Again, every restaurant has encouraged me to pay this way in order to get the points. This might kot be what the program originally envisioned as it was meant for people not staying... But this is what I have gotten even when staying as encouraged by waiters.
broncophil and cfabar1 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:39 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
It feels like there's an open question as to whether a restaurant meal, separately credited to one's WoH account, will credit as "stay" or "non-stay". If I had to guess, the answer is "it depends on how the hotel handles the crediting" and there may be some that are set up so that the credit does something "different".
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
It feels like there's an open question as to whether a restaurant meal, separately credited to one's WoH account, will credit as "stay" or "non-stay". If I had to guess, the answer is "it depends on how the hotel handles the crediting" and there may be some that are set up so that the credit does something "different".
Has anyone seen a PDF folio emailed them to for just the hotel restaurant charges when not having a room booked under any stay-eligible rate plan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.