Lhr-bkk gf j - £870

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Lhr-bkk gf j - £870

Route: LHR-BKK
Airline: GF
Fare Code: I (130% credited to EY. No other options apart from GF)
Change fee: Free (provided ticketed before end of May). Fare difference would be collected.
Cancellation fee: £200
Minimum stay: None
Availability: Seems to be May until November availability for outbound travel. Seems like return travel up until March is wide-open.
Open-Jaws: open-jaws possible

Example: HERE

Travel Trolley: £870
Other OTAs: £870 - £1100
Gulf: £1099

Travel Trolley has the correct cancellation and fare rules. It can be had cheaper through crystaltravel (£845) but it says non-refundable.

Nice hard product on the 787 all sectors. Unfortunately it only seems that I class can be booked on the return sector with overnight transit (9 hours). Best days to look for outbound flights are Tuesday and Thursday.

Also available from CDG - £1100 and FRA - £1500 (better transit times on return).
davistev and 321 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:05 am

Nice find.

I see Secret Flying are still stalking the forums, posted a few mins ago.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Nice find.

I see Secret Flying are still stalking the forums, posted a few mins ago.
This was mentioned in the LHR-asia tread. It is an interesting fare but if you want to fly it then there are only a few day in the week where they have the availability. Looks like some OTA might not be adding YQ correctly as that is about the same as the 200 gbp difference between the Gulf Air price and OTA prices.
I don't know what Secret Flying would do with this as the price point is low but not mega low and the timeframe is still tight for the lowest price.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:21 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Tried this style seat on Oman, very impressed. Would take it over the Q suite for sure.

Really tempted by this, but would still pay the extra and avoid TAs I think
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Are you allowed to transit Bahrain without being subject to any quarantine requirements if you are on your way to BKK?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:25 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I tried 5-18th June and both have short connections so it is possible.

Unfortunately it looks like the Max stay is 1 month, which isn't too helpful when you add in quarentine.

Last edited by PxC; Apr 22, 2021 at 1:43 pm
Old Apr 22, 2021, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PxC
I tried 5-18th June and both have short connections so it is possible.

Unfortunately it looks like the Max stay is 1 month, which isn't too helpful when you add in quarentine.
max stay is not a month. I booked 23rd September to 27th February
PxC and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:08 pm

The fare rules are a bit messy but the below could be of assistance to whoever would want to search deeper for alternatives (full text available through Matrix - fare ICSMR1GB). Nevertheless, I would caution against booking through questionable OTAs, I would personally rather pay the higher price and go through GF.

Category 7: Maximum stay requirements
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions
1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT EITHER OUT/IN. A STOPOVER MAY NOT EXCEED 7 DAYS.

Category 9: Transfer restrictions
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT. FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

Category 11: Blackout Dates
OUTBOUND - TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 20AUG 21 THROUGH 05SEP 21 OR 10DEC 21 THROUGH 24DEC 21 OR 20JUL 21 THROUGH 31AUG 21 OR 15OCT 21 THROUGH 17OCT 21.
INBOUND - TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 25JUN 21 THROUGH 10AUG 21 OR 01JAN 22 THROUGH 10JAN 22 OR 20AUG 21 THROUGH 31AUG 21 OR 22OCT 21 THROUGH 24OCT 21.

Category 14: Travel restrictions
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 30NOV 21.

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 30APR 21.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Isn't GF a dry airline?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Isn't GF a dry airline?
No.
135pilot likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:02 am

Just a small selection available. But not dry :-)
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:50 am

Great price for ex LON without annoying positioning. The Gf product also seems quite nice. Sadly, I’m quite pessimistic about Thailand reopening anytime soon and don’t really want to do the 2 week quarantine.

Also it seems that GF credits nowhere useful, wheretocredit mentions CX, but I couldn’t find anything to back this up.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Freddorick
Great price for ex LON without annoying positioning. The Gf product also seems quite nice. Sadly, I’m quite pessimistic about Thailand reopening anytime soon and don’t really want to do the 2 week quarantine.

Also it seems that GF credits nowhere useful, wheretocredit mentions CX, but I couldn’t find anything to back this up.
These don't credit to CX as they are the cheap I fares. If they were higher booking class biz tickets then they would credit to CX.
As far as I could tell the main places you can park these miles is there own program and Etihad as it there partner.
Tho honestly at these prices it shouldn't be too high of a priority to get miles. Your getting the discount to not get them in a way.
135pilot likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 12:34 am

. . . . and don’t really want to do the 2 week quarantine.
Not a lot of help but apart from departure from some African countries, most quarantine is down to 7 or 10 days.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Yeah agreed. They absorbed the APD into the fare. I was hoping could save money by starting from CDG but the overall fare is the same even though the tax is much lower.

Most destinations are planned to come down to a 1 week quarantine now. Phuket planned to open quarantine free to vaccinated travellers 1st July the remainder of the big tourist destinations on 1st October. I have to agree that I am pretty pessimistic about these dates being met given the slower than expected vaccination of Phuket residents and the new upwards trend in cases following songkran. I do however think the plan will go ahead somehow but it will just be delayed. I would expect somewhere (Phuket) to be open by September/October, spending on the local vaccination program success.

As per OP, only program of use is EY really. This trip would earn 17k miles. They have some okay redemptions with their partners. I’ve used my miles many times on PG for the USM domestic flights (5k Miles each) which are often quite pricey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.