Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: DEN to BCN / MAD from $1,496 and earn up to 5877 MQDs (Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Decent sale with Aeromexico from Denver to Madrid or Barcelona via Mexico City.

DEN-MAD would earn 21264 MQMs 5670 MQDs 3.77 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 62374 RDMs, Platinum 51034 RDMs, Gold 45363 RDMs, Silver 39693 RDMs, Base 28352 RDMs
DEN-MAD
DEN-BCN would earn 22038 MQMs 5877 MQDs 3.92 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 64645 RDMs, Platinum 52891 RDMs, Gold 47014 RDMs, Silver 41138 RDMs, Base 29384 RDMs
DEN-BCN

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
This is perhaps the wrong place to ask this question, but does anyone know if it is possible to fly through BCN or MAD on two different itineraries with forward travel on to a country that allows U.S. citizens (say, DEN-BCN on AM and BCN-IST on TK) if I do not check in a bag? Or would the first airlines disallow travel unless it's a transit on a single itinerary? Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Thank you.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by flyinhwn
This is perhaps the wrong place to ask this question, but does anyone know if it is possible to fly through BCN or MAD on two different itineraries with forward travel on to a country that allows U.S. citizens (say, DEN-BCN on AM and BCN-IST on TK) if I do not check in a bag? Or would the first airlines disallow travel unless it's a transit on a single itinerary? Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Thank you.
Not possible, you would be denied boarding at DEN.
Dog250 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
If Spain doesn't open up to U.S. citizens then you'll be denied boarding in Denver. As far as AM are concerned, they're taking you to Spain. So Spain would have to be open for U.S. citizens for you to then self connect to IST.
​​​​
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
This may be shocking to you, but some people on FT will spout off an answer like they know what they’re talking about, even when they don’t…

My SO transited MAD on separate tickets three days ago on an itin almost exactly the same as what you mentioned: MEX-MAD, then separate ticket MAD-IST. He was asked for proof of a negative PCR test result, was admitted, claimed his bag from MEX, rechecked to IST, and all was well.

Don’t take my word for it though: https://www.spth.gob.es/faq?tab=2

If I arrive in Spain in transit with another country as my final destination, do I have the obligation to present a Diagnostic Test for Active Infection (AIDT) test upon arrival in Spain?

If the transit in Spain is carried out without leaving the international zone, you will not be required to present a AIDT. If the transit involves passing through border control centres and therefore entry into Spanish territory, they must present the boarding card or purchase ticket for the next flight or flights of the connection to demonstrate that the final destination is international, and they may continue their journey, provided that the transit lasts less than 24 hours and they do not leave the airport premises.
flyinhwn and Pocatello like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.