Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Change Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Equipment Change Question

Hi all. We are booked in F from PHX to JFK in late May. The original plane was a 767-300. It was just swapped to a 757-200. We still seem to have the same seats but clearly the first class cabin is much smaller in that plane. Is there a chance we lose our first class seats even though we paid for that class? And are all the 757-200 equipped with lie flat in the front? The seat map appears that way but wasn't sure. Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
If you have assigned seats, you'll be fine. Most of the 757s don't have lie flat seats. If your plane has 4 rows of F, then it's lie flat. If your plane has more than 4 rows of F, then they are not lie-flat
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:49 am

If you're still in the F cabin then no, you almost certainly aren't going to lose your seats.

Most 757s do not have lie-flat seats. If your seat map shows 16 seats in F, then you have one of the 75S lie-flat equipped planes.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks. And yes, it's the 4 rows/16 seats in F and shows the angled seating in the map. Though I guess it can change again with a month to go. I was surprised when it was a 767 to begin with.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sonkie23
Thanks. And yes, it's the 4 rows/16 seats in F and shows the angled seating in the map. Though I guess it can change again with a month to go. I was surprised when it was a 767 to begin with.
PHX is a very popular winter vacation spot for obvious reasons. It gets quite a lot of widebody service during cold months when many of the widebodies are idle.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by sonkie23
Also be mindful at the time of booking, the schedule and equipment were likely placeholder only. Airlines these days are only firming up their schedule a month or two at time, and even then it could change leading up to departure; likewise the type of plane being used.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

We actually just booked the flights last week. Roughly 7 weeks in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
A related question: Is it still within Delta policy to rebook a DeltaOne fare as an even exchange to another DeltaOne fare, if they downgraded the former to First Class?

It seems DL has cut DeltaOne from LAX-BOS for the rest of the year, changed flight times, and its now first class only.

I assume they would still rebook to LAX-JFK-BOS in DeltaOne? I believe SEA-JFK is the only other domestic DeltaOne route still left?
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL PM
JFK to SFO and LAS. Also MSP/ATL to HNL.Boston has nothing left. BOS-LAX lie flat was back for several months.
btonkid12345 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.