Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Aeroplan points at Starbucks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Earn Aeroplan points at Starbucks

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...starbucks.html

Starting today, members can link their Aeroplan account to a Starbucks Rewards account and double-dip by earning both Aeroplan points and Starbucks Stars at participating Starbucks locations throughout Canada. Linking takes less than a minute and can be done at aircanada.com/starbucks.

Don’t have a Starbucks Rewards account? Don’t worry. You will be able to create one when linking, and as a welcome bonus you’ll earn 400 Aeroplan points after your first purchase1.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Nothing for those who already have an account?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Nothing for those who already have an account?
No, just a bonus for the latte-commers.

Given Starbucks will have closed 300 locations across Canada, earning won't be quite as easy as it was.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:10 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by tcook052
Given Starbucks will have closed 300 locations across Canada, earning won't be quite as easy as it was.
It sometimes seems that there's over 300 locations just within a 10 minute drive from my house...
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I am such a heavy starbucks spender, this is very good news

and this year I am only flying US airlines so no AC flying points
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Bummer seems to only work for the .ca website for Starbucks
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
well I got happy too early, my starbucks account is hybrid USA/Canada (I use it frequently on both sides), but seems my login is USA only so I can't link accounts damnit
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:42 am

I discovered last year you can't order ahead with a CDN card in the US. I also never got my AP promo points for loading my SB card last late June on my TD card.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:04 pm

They are giving peanuts in terms of the amount of Aeroplan points. I won't bother registering
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
I had thought one of my former colleagues would be loving this, but unfortunately the Starbucks in the building next door that he used to frequent multiple times a day has closed permanently. Sad for him, because his $20+ a day spending might have earned him some real Aeroplan miles!
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:07 pm

$20/day?? We were spending $50/week many years ago and bought a super auto espresso machine that paid for itself within 5yrs. Only use SB when we are out on the road. Which is about zero atm.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Interesting.

I probably step inside a Starbucks every three years, so personally I couldn't care less, but I have to give AC credit for adding a major "everyday retail partner".

150 AE miles for every $75CAD reload also is a pretty decent deal.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC 75k
I always used to hit SB on the way to work, but work out of house is now about a tenth of what it was, so not so much.
OLD MAN divergence: My morning brew - Grande Dark with a shot of espresso with my own cup discount came to $3.41 for quite a few years. If paying cash, does anyone know the significance of that number?
Hint: it no longer works.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I recognize there's a bit of a fine line, but let's please try to keep this thread fairly focused on the Aeroplan-Starbucks partnership and continue the in-depth discussions of our Starbucks habits in the lounge thread. (@mikeycanuk and @FlY2XS, I've replied to your posts there)

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The partnership is part of an ongoing focus at Aeroplan to provide its members – many being leisure travellers that only fly one or twice a year – more opportunities to collect and redeem points, says Mark Nasr, Air Canada's senior vice president of products, marketing and eCommerce.

"For the program to make sense, we're going to need more opportunities for our members to engage outside of travelling," he said in an interview.

"Most members of Aeroplan aren't frequent travellers. So to be relevant everyday, there needs to be non-travel, non-airline partnerships to earn points, redeem points and get benefits."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.