LHR - SIN/SYD cut for May

Old Mar 6, 2021, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

LHR - SIN/SYD cut for May

looks like BA has pulled 15/16 everyday in May and 11/12 is operating 4x per week. Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday outbound and Sunday/Monday/Wednesday/Friday on the inbound.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
I have a BA15 booking to SIN in mid May - it’s not showing as cancelled yet, but if I try a dummy booking BA15 is not available. Fingers crossed...
Old Mar 6, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
may-2021-flight-cancellations-operational-change
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My call with BA a few months back was the route is suspended until end of October which certainly matches the cancellations, and I would not expect this route to be considered until Australia's strict immigration, emmigration and quarantine requirements are loosened.
HFHFFlyer and justin_krusty like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I really can't see BA flying this route until Australia reopens to the world, and I can't see that happening until November this year at the very earliest.

Slightly off topic but the Aussies will want to vaccinate their entire population, be confident of the vaccines' impairment of onward transmission and be comfortable that there are no variants that can escape the vaccine in a significant way, before they reopen. Even then, expect the requirement for proof of vaccine, a PCR test before boarding and a PCR test on arrival at a very minimum.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I really can't see BA flying this route until Australia reopens to the world, and I can't see that happening until November this year at the very earliest.

Slightly off topic but the Aussies will want to vaccinate their entire population, be confident of the vaccines' impairment of onward transmission and be comfortable that there are no variants that can escape the vaccine in a significant way, before they reopen. Even then, expect the requirement for proof of vaccine, a PCR test before boarding and a PCR test on arrival at a very minimum.
International travel to Australia is pretty much off the cards until 2022. They are having enough trouble keeping their internal borders open between the states.

With the caps on international arrivals, it's not viable for airlines to start services. It's why it's all being left largely to Qatar Airways and a few others to service the country at the moment. With 30-50 passengers per flight on existing services, more capacity would just mean less passengers to spread around on more flights. I can see why BA are not planning to go back until the northern winter schedule starts.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:48 am

I certainly hope they keep ba15/16 for Aug to SIN as we are flying then. If Singapore relax their restrictions on vaccinated people might generate enough demand...hopefully.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA silver
QF have just delayed their intercontinental bookings by another three months until October, but without much confidence that the country will accept travellers until 2022. Slightly off topic the QF CEO has also said their 380s will be mothballed until 2024
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

off topic
Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
QF have just delayed their intercontinental bookings by another three months until October, but without much confidence that the country will accept travellers until 2022. Slightly off topic the QF CEO has also said their 380s will be mothballed until 2024
Australia is scheduled to have the vaccinations of all eligible people complete by the end of October. Hence the October date for QF, BA etc. But no one is expecting the border to open then. Maybe an easing of some restrictions very late in the calendar year.
Australian production of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccination is due for release in March. Link-->https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...ch-22/13220254
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It makes less than no sense to increase capacity when the number of people who may enter is limited.

I can't imagine that anything before early 2022 is remotely possible. That allows for vaccination targets to be met, for a period of time to elapse to catch up with stragglers and then reopen the border in a manageable way.
Hawes7701 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Until the reopening scheme becomes known, it seems a waste of time to (as well as an interest free loan to one's air carrier) to go about bookings. No way to predict frequencies, timings and the like.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:01 am

Spoke to soon.... Our BA 16 flight just got cancelled for August so am assuming BA15 will do soon. We were luckily traveling on a Sunday so got bumped to BA12 which fits with the 4 day a week schedule.
We are however currently flying on BA15 on Monday outbound so assuming that gets cancelled I really hope they bump us to the Sunday BA11. They must be opening up Avios seats when flights are cancelled as there were no F Avios seats for BA 12 and now we have transferred into F on BA12. Likewise there is no Avios availability for the Sunday in J on BA11.

Downside is I was looking forward to the 787-9 F and J cabins over the 777-300 but lets be honest if we still get to go (and Singapore let us in without quarantine!) it will be a bonus!

EDIT:Just checked and looks like they have cancelled BA11 going forward and are only running BA15 in August.

Last edited by 225SG; Mar 11, 2021 at 9:19 am
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'd agree, would definitely prefer the 789 F than the 77W. Will you be OK to enter SIN ?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'd agree, would definitely prefer the 789 F than the 77W. Will you be OK to enter SIN ?
That's the punt we have taken. I am obviously hoping so as if the UK is mostly vaccinated and so is SG then they will want to get tourists back.
Who knows but at least it's something to hopefully look forward to.
Have edited above as it obviously should have read "without " quarantine...
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Ahhh I see ! Yes good to have something to look forward to, I don't think Singapore will be anywhere relaxed until a lot later in the year. Definitely have an August plan B up your sleeve I've got one week with USA, Corfu & Laranca booked !!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.