Wiki Posts
Search

Spring 2021 Delta Amex Welcome Offers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Spring 2021 Delta Amex Welcome Offers

Delta and American Express have upped the sign up bonuses from now through April 28th, 2021. Some have more than doubled.

Delta Gold Personal Amex: 70K miles
Delta Gold Business Amex: 70K miles + $50 credit
Delta Platinum Personal Amex: 90K miles
Delta Platinum Business Amex: 90K miles + $100 credit
Delta Reserve Personal Amex: 80K miles + 20K MQMs
Delta Reserve Business Amex: 80K miles + 20K MQMs + $200 credit

https://card.americanexpress.com/d/cm/delta/
Old Mar 6, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
The once per lifetime signups bonus and increasing worthlessness if the SkyPeso really limits the excitement for most in these parts.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM
I still would prefer the Chase ink cash business card. $750 bonus cash back + no annual fee + 0% apr 12 months +5%/2%/1% cash back. I already have the reserve personal card, so I decided to go with the Chase for my business.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Delta’s really trying to push these if the new SkyClub wifi password is any indication.
tardyturtle likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 11:20 am

Platinum offer

I am already a Delta Gold personal AMEX card holder. Does anyone know if I can apply for the platinum card and am qualified to receive the 90k miles? Do I need to first cancel the gold card? I read the offer terms but it's not clear - "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this or previous versions of this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility." Is the Gold card considered a "previous version of this card"?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bearchaser303
I am already a Delta Gold personal AMEX card holder. Does anyone know if I can apply for the platinum card and am qualified to receive the 90k miles? Do I need to first cancel the gold card? I read the offer terms but it's not clear - "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this or previous versions of this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility." Is the Gold card considered a "previous version of this card"?
Gold and Plat are considered different cards. You are eligible for the Plat bonus so long as you have not previously held the Plat card (even if you previously had one, you may be eligible again if you canceled it more than 7 years ago since their systems only look back that far)
Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:19 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I get really great value out of SkyMiles. I jumped on this offer for personal and business cards.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I currently have the Delta Platinum. Delta Gold medallion here. Got an email from AMEX offering to upgrade me to reserve with 60000 miles and $300 statement credit after 4k in spend. I do prefer to travel with Delta over AA. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is worth it? I live east coast and almost always connect through ATL.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
I currently have the Delta Platinum. Delta Gold medallion here. Got an email from AMEX offering to upgrade me to reserve with 60000 miles and $300 statement credit after 4k in spend. I do prefer to travel with Delta over AA. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is worth it? I live east coast and almost always connect through ATL.
I had downgraded to the Blue years ago and yesterday got an email offering 40k for 2k spend and no annual fee for the first year if I upgraded to the Gold card.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
I got this offer as well, and was wondering how spend on the platinum card would transfer to the reserve card for the purpose of MQM boosts. If my spend is reset to zero this offer does more harm than good.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I forget the exact differential between the annual fees but this is basically a free 60k miles, so... the main thing I would think about is that the offer for a new Reserve card is 80k + 20k MQMs, so you could get a new Reserve card and cancel the Plat (if it's been more than a year since you signed up for it or your last retention offer, to remain in AMEX's good graces). If you really wanted to, you could get a new Reserve card and then upgrade your Plat to enjoy both bonuses (if you go this route, save the email, because if there's an upgrade link in your account it may disappear after you get approved for a separate Reserve card)

Originally Posted by sowalsky
I got this offer as well, and was wondering how spend on the platinum card would transfer to the reserve card for the purpose of MQM boosts. If my spend is reset to zero this offer does more harm than good.
It should carry over. See:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...arry-over.html

Delta Reserve Upgrade Question

Delta Amex Platinum to Reserve upgrade questions

(although there have been some reports where it didn't, the most common answer seems to be "yes")
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by sowalsky
I got this offer as well and took it. The account number remains the same and teh spending appears to carry over. Also, it looks like the anniversary date remains the same, so you will get the companion cert the same time as before. For the people who are talking about applying for a Reserve card and then cancelling their Platinum, they won't get the companion cert until the renewal of the Reserve one year from application.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
I'm surprised someone hasn't posted this yet.

The sign up bonus via referral is giving $200 for home furnishing stores.

Anyone have any idea how this works? Would you imagine its not an Amex offer, rather it's just automatic for any time a charge that comes from one of those merchants is posted? Seems like a killer deal.

The Deal

• Amex has added tp the welcome bonus on most consumer cards when applying through a referral link. In many cases, you can get the welcome bonus points/credits plus $200 in statement credits for purchases at select US home furnishings stores (including Lowe’s, The Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Anthropologie – Home & Furniture, CB2, Crate and Barrel, Crate and Kids, Terrain, and The Container Store). Cards with increased offers include:
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: IHG, Delta
I achieved Platinum in 2019 and got it carried over to 2020, where I flew only for the first few months of the year. I have like 33K MGMs carried over to this year. I currently have a Delta AMEX platinum card and achieved my first $25K spend, which removes the MQD requirement AND got me the 12,500 MQMs. So, I'm really close to qualifying for Gold for next year (5K MQMs away), and probably will make it on card spend alone.

I just got an offer to UPGRADE my card to Delta Reserve. This gets me 60K miles, and a $300 statement credit for spending $4K in 6 months. I get the Reserve perks (lounge access and first-class companion cert, etc.) as well as the 15K MQMs for $30K spend (instead of 10K MQMs for $25K spend).

BUT, wouldn't I be better off just applying for a Reserve card directly? I lose the $300 statement credit, but I gain 20K MQMs, and the 60K becomes 80K with some relatively insignificant spend in 3-4 months. I think I'll spend another $30K this year - certainly if I do something like pay taxes via the card.

Thoughts on optimizing cards to get would be appreciated.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Smorgasbord42
I achieved Platinum in 2019 and got it carried over to 2020, where I flew only for the first few months of the year. I have like 33K MGMs carried over to this year. I currently have a Delta AMEX platinum card and achieved my first $25K spend, which removes the MQD requirement AND got me the 12,500 MQMs. So, I'm really close to qualifying for Gold for next year (5K MQMs away), and probably will make it on card spend alone.

I just got an offer to UPGRADE my card to Delta Reserve. This gets me 60K miles, and a $300 statement credit for spending $4K in 6 months. I get the Reserve perks (lounge access and first-class companion cert, etc.) as well as the 15K MQMs for $30K spend (instead of 10K MQMs for $25K spend).

BUT, wouldn't I be better off just applying for a Reserve card directly? I lose the $300 statement credit, but I gain 20K MQMs, and the 60K becomes 80K with some relatively insignificant spend in 3-4 months. I think I'll spend another $30K this year - certainly if I do something like pay taxes via the card.

Thoughts on optimizing cards to get would be appreciated.
In your case, if you sign up for the new reserve card and spend the $30k you think you will this year, you'll hit PM (20K MQM for signup and 18,750 MQM status boost in addition to 45,000 MQMs you have now will be more than required for PM), so I'd say definitely sign up for a new card. PM is a good step up from GM. I'd value hitting PM and having 20K extra RDM to be preferable to a $300 statement credit. Note that you won't lose your achievement of the MQD waiver if you cancel the Platinum card, so you can cancel right after getting the Reserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.