Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Delta Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Amex Platinum Delta Lounge Access

I have two platinum cards right now and wanted to get a friend in with the other Amex card in my name. Anyone tried this with success?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No, and I've been told that you can only use the access rights from one credit card (so two cards didn't mean twice as many guests when two guests were free), but you might be able to buy a guest pass.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can't stack access methods -- "Only one credential may be used for Club access."
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks for confirming. Do you know if I purchase one pass and have a connecting flight, can the purchased pass for the day be re-used at the connecting airport?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rahulgarciapatel
Great, thanks for confirming. Do you know if I purchase one pass and have a connecting flight, can the purchased pass for the day be re-used at the connecting airport?
No, it's only for a single visit and there is no physical pass is provided. Some have reported using receipt to access other clubs in same airport, but not a different club at a different airport.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Well that sucks. Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

One more question. Can I use Delta Miles too pay for the lounge access using my platinum rate?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure you can only pay $39 fee with your Amex card. Miles can be used to purchase Premium Drinks in the Club or to purchase Sky Club memberships.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rades-and-more
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks once again!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by xliioper
Pretty sure you can only pay $39 fee with your Amex card. Miles can be used to purchase Premium Drinks in the Club or to purchase Sky Club memberships.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rades-and-more
Unless they reduced it, the fee with Amex Plat is $59.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Unless they reduced it, the fee with Amex Plat is $59.
I was assuming the guest fee was the same as for DL Amex cards, but DL website does not actually list it. OP may want to check if there is a Centurion Lounge or Priority Pass lounge available as these allow 2 free guests with Amex Plat card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.