Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A plan to visit Vancouver. Need some safe place for staying

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Question A plan to visit Vancouver. Need some safe place for staying

Hey guys, we have a plan to visit Vancouver in the coming weeks. I think the restrictions of COVID 19 are somewhat over. We are working professionals and planning some time to get relaxed from the working atmosphere. Why I'm here is to ask a doubt. Are the hostels and hotels are safe for staying. Actually, we are planning a two-day trip so we need to stay somewhere. In the light of COVID-19, we are looking for safe and suitable hostels or hotels for the stay. Can anyone share your suggestion? which will be really helpful.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 11:01 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, philipshernandez ! Let’s move your query over to the Canada forum for folks to hopefully chime in with some suggestions. ~JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:49 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
Covid-19 restrictions in BC never really hit Ontario or Quebec levels, but they are still in place. But most things are open, albeit some restrictions like a 10pm last call.

I'd suggest the Westin Bayshore or Fairmont Pan Pacific
philipshernandez likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Where are you travelling from?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:43 am

I assume you are coming from within Canada or you would need to be Cdn and quarantine for 2 weeks.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Welcome to Flyertalk @philipshernandez.

Hotels follow COVID procedures like requiring masks, more frequent cleaning of surfaces, etc so that they are safe. Of course travelling anywhere will put you at somewhat of an elevated risk of contracting COVID-19 just because you meet more people. But in my opinion the risk is low. At the end of the day you need to make the decision.

To suggest a hotel I think we need to know your budget. When I may want to stay may not be in line with what you want to spend. Or you may have a budget that is 10X mine and only stay in luxury hotels.

That being said - I can give my opinion. I have not stayed in Vancouver in the last year due to the pandemic, which is sad to me as I usually go out on business at least once per year (I am based in ON). However, in my travels this year and last year within North America (Canada, US, Mexico) I have found Marriott properties to be mostly good value. The cancellation policy on most properties has been flexible in case I had to cancel due to lockdowns in ON locations. Also I find them to be quite consistent with the services they offer.

Earlier last year all breakfast was stopped or it was done as a take out option. In the last week I stayed at a Delta in Kingston and breakfast was pretty much normal. Other amenities like the gym / pool may not be fully open. You should check with the hotel if these things are important to you.

Have fun and safe travels!
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much Dr_torch
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Where are you travelling from?
hai I'm travelling from Toronto
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I recently stated at the YVR Airport Marriott in Richmond (not really at the airport) and had a great stay. Restaurant was open and the staff were stellar
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What is your safely concern? Property or personal crime? I’m not sure what you are worried about otherwise. If you have a preferred part of town we can certainly make a recommendation. I personally like the Wedgewood and the Fairmont is nice too.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Not sure when you're traveling, or if you have already, but be aware that BC just implemented new Covid restrictions today. The two that would most affect travelers is that all indoor dining will be closed down for the next 3 weeks (at least), beginning tonight. Patio dining is still permitted. In addition, if you were planning to ski at Whistler, you can forget it as the province just ordered the mountains shut down for the next 3 weeks. I'm guessing that they won't reopen after that until next season.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Marriott Pinnacle

From my extended stay last summer, I recommend the Marriott Pinnacle. Easy walking distance to Waterfront, Harbour Air Terminal & Stanley Park.
(PM me if you want a hotel contact?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.