Wiki Posts
Search

Unlimited Companion Pass promo through 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Unlimited Companion Pass promo through 2022

I read on one of the blogs that WN is doing a promo where you get companion pass through 2022 if you have 100K deposited to your account in 2021. They are writing that you get the business card and personal card with 70k on one and 30k on the other after $5k in spend on both. I cannot find any mention of that promo on here. I usually see better information on ft and yet this one is not here. Any info on the promo?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:37 am

It's not really a promo, that's just what Southwest does each and every year - they're just fronting everyone 25k points because of covid, so you only need 100k instead of 125k.

I am a little confused as to how a blog follower isn't aware that WN offers the companion pass when you earn a bunch of points.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
It's not really a promo, that's just what Southwest does each and every year - they're just fronting everyone 25k points because of covid, so you only need 100k instead of 125k.

I am a little confused as to how a blog follower isn't aware that WN offers the companion pass when you earn a bunch of points.
I have never flown WN, but was considering it. Now I know it is not worth my time. Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I read on one of the blogs that WN is doing a promo where you get companion pass through 2022 if you have 100K deposited to your account in 2021. They are writing that you get the business card and personal card with 70k on one and 30k on the other after $5k in spend on both. I cannot find any mention of that promo on here. I usually see better information on ft and yet this one is not here. Any info on the promo?

This has been the case dating back years but good luck getting a Chase business card these days unless you have a legit business with a decent time in business and revenue.

A possible alternative is to get this card.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512
This has been the case dating back years but good luck getting a Chase business card these days unless you have a legit business with a decent time in business and revenue.

A possible alternative is to get this card.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thanks for that link. Yes, I have business cards with Chase, had to send them copies of my license and other documents to open. It looks like only the personal cards come with the free companion pass as I could not find it on the related business card.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:45 pm

Thanks for that link. Yes, I have business cards with Chase, had to send them copies of my license and other documents to open. It looks like only the personal cards come with the free companion pass as I could not find it on the related business card.
I also have business cards with Chase as they were easy to get pre covid.

If you are under 5/24 and haven't received the SUB for a SW personal and Business card in the past 24 months you can get one SW business and one personal for CP until 12/31/2022.

My wife and I have been switching off getting CP via credit cards every 2 years since 2014.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:36 am

There is a promotion going on now to earn a companion pass through Feb. 2022 just by opening a card and spending $5000.

The normal policy is that if you earn 100,000 or 125,000 points, you earn a companion pass for the remainder of the year in which you pass the threshold and all of the next year. So if you time it to trigger the bonus(es) in January, you get it for two years. That is still active, and Southwest lowered the threshold to 100,000 this year.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907
There is a promotion going on now to earn a companion pass through Feb. 2022 just by opening a card and spending $5000.

The normal policy is that if you earn 100,000 or 125,000 points, you earn a companion pass for the remainder of the year in which you pass the threshold and all of the next year. So if you time it to trigger the bonus(es) in January, you get it for two years. That is still active, and Southwest lowered the threshold to 100,000 this year.
I am seriously considering this, airline loyalty is starting to be a thing of the past.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:57 am

I am seriously considering this, airline loyalty is starting to be a thing of the past.

Keep in myind the 2/28/2022 expiration date only gives 30K points and CP for maybe 10 months. If you can get the business and personal cards you will get 100K points and CP for about 20 months as it expires 12/31/2022

It also gives you more points to purchase the main fare otherwise you'll be paying cash for one seat after the 30K are gone.

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 2, 2021 at 4:54 pm
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Keep in my the 2/28/2022 expiration date only gives 30K points and CP for maybe 10 months. If you can get the business and personal cards you will get 100K points and CP for about 20 months as it expires 12/31/2022

It also gives you more points to purchase the main fare otherwise you'll be paying cash for one seat after the 30K are gone.
Ah! Glad you mentioned that.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:00 pm

Ah! Glad you mentioned that.
You can also get INK cards and a CSP and transfer the points to SW. When combined with CP the points are worth double.

The transferred points do not count towards earning CP.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by synergistic

"Each and every year"?

No! Only 2021 and 2020. Not 2019, 2018, 2017, etc, etc
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:45 pm

He was saying the CC route is available every year, (ie one business and one personal card), not the 25K free points or reducing the CP requirements.
flyer4512 and synergistic like this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I have never flown WN, but was considering it. Now I know it is not worth my time. Thanks.
Why is it not worth your time?

Lots of folks here have been getting companion pass every other year on a regular basis.

Confused?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:50 pm

The only reason I think it wouldnt work for someone is if SWA doesnt serve your market. Other than that reason I believe it is worth every penny. By playing the "game" for 6 years now but we live in DEN where its a pretty decent station for SWA. When this "game" is up it will be sad. I don't even churn CC like I used to to keep my SWA cards open as much as possible so I don't lose this perk.
synergistic and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.