Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS letting me book F, but seat map shows no seats available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold

Looking at booking a trip in F and the site is letting me book an F seat but the seat map is showing F as fully booked (all seats colored gray). When I get to the screen in the booking process to choose a seat, the site tells me I will have a seat assigned later. Is this due to seatblocking for the FA's? I thought that was over? I just don't want to book the seat and end up getting bumped. Cheers
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
OneWorld integration issues, seat maps are screwed up right now as an effect of that. Check back tomorrow or Sat.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
I ended up booking in main. Flight is tomorrow and my name isn't on the waitlist. I guess the oneworld system is messing with upgrades too. Hopefully its resolved soon
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by westcoastflyer_
I ended up booking in main. Flight is tomorrow and my name isn't on the waitlist. I guess the oneworld system is messing with upgrades too. Hopefully its resolved soon
I think they said things will be back to normal by Friday....these past few days have generally not been good times to book anything. I think we all deserve a 40% off code for our troubles
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by westcoastflyer_
Looking at booking a trip in F and the site is letting me book an F seat but the seat map is showing F as fully booked (all seats colored gray). When I get to the screen in the booking process to choose a seat, the site tells me I will have a seat assigned later. Is this due to seatblocking for the FA's? I thought that was over? I just don't want to book the seat and end up getting bumped. Cheers
Seat 1C on the A320 is still being blocked as it is slightly outside the bulkhead and faces the crew in the two jumpseats. I flew in 1A today on the A320 from PVR-LAX in 1A and 1C was empty.

James
Old Mar 3, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Hi all, sorry for the bump ... just booked the milk run in paid F for late June. booked on alaskaair.com.

SEA-JNU leg with all the stops will not display the seatmap at all. I get the "Looks like this seatmap has missed its flight, please try again later" message. OK, maybe a temp issue due to the multi-stop flight and it still being 3 months away. no problem with that.

the other JNU-ANC & ANC-SEA legs for the following day ... the seatmap displays, and I can select seats, but when I hit "save and purchase" and the page re-loads, the seats don't stick. It just shows "--" where the seats should be. If I look at the seatmap again and try to re-select them, they're showing available, but they still won't stick. Tried multiple times.

Are both of these issues related to the OneWorld migration or is something else going on here?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
No idea if this works for others, but I had a set of flights where we booked F and the web site let us pick seats but they didnt stick, then when I went post booking to look I got the error above. Then I tried the IoS app and what do you know, the seat map showed up and I was able to pick our seats.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
No idea if this works for others, but I had a set of flights where we booked F and the web site let us pick seats but they didnt stick, then when I went post booking to look I got the error above. Then I tried the IoS app and what do you know, the seat map showed up and I was able to pick our seats.
This may have nothing to do with your situation but as I mentioned in the upgrade thread, one of the AS managers said that it is possible for seats in F to be blocked or remain unavailable even if no passengers are assigned to them due to "weight and balance" issues. I certainly can't argue with that if I'm getting a free upgrade, but if you were to pay for a F seat, I would appreciate advance notice that I may be downgraded on the day of departure for this reason.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Hi all, sorry for the bump ... just booked the milk run in paid F for late June. booked on alaskaair.com.

SEA-JNU leg with all the stops will not display the seatmap at all. I get the "Looks like this seatmap has missed its flight, please try again later" message. OK, maybe a temp issue due to the multi-stop flight and it still being 3 months away. no problem with that.

the other JNU-ANC & ANC-SEA legs for the following day ... the seatmap displays, and I can select seats, but when I hit "save and purchase" and the page re-loads, the seats don't stick. It just shows "--" where the seats should be. If I look at the seatmap again and try to re-select them, they're showing available, but they still won't stick. Tried multiple times.

Are both of these issues related to the OneWorld migration or is something else going on here?

E-commerce is still having some glitches from what I hear. I've had this on a variety of flights lately, but seemed to 'fix' itself by waiting a day or two.
beckoa and anteater like this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by stephem
thanks for that! I too had success (finally) downloading the Android app after booking, & got seats for segments 2 and 3 without issue.

Segment 1 (SEA-KTN-WRG-PSG-JNU) seatmap not available online. It appears to have an enroute EQP change at KTN, from a 73H to a 73G. called RES and the agent said they are still processing the EQP change so I will have to check back later for that seat. Trip reports for the milk run seem to say a window on the right side is best going northbound, so that's what I'm hoping for. I have 3 months so I'm not too worried yet.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
First time flying AS but is it normal to not see the seat map on the app 3 days out? I dont get it. As of today I cant see the seat map or for that matter change my seat if I wanted to. I want to try to get from Row 2 to bulkhead as in recliner F i love the bulkhead but its unavailable to see. I get a few hours before when this happens but a few days out seems a bit over the top.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
First time flying AS but is it normal to not see the seat map on the app 3 days out? I dont get it. As of today I cant see the seat map or for that matter change my seat if I wanted to. I want to try to get from Row 2 to bulkhead as in recliner F i love the bulkhead but its unavailable to see. I get a few hours before when this happens but a few days out seems a bit over the top.
That's not normal to not see the seat map at all. Have you also tried the web? I'd get in touch with customer service.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
are there still F seats for sale? anytime i’ve experienced this, the cabin is full.
Eastbay1K and anteater like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Thx to both above. On the lap top I can see the seat map, just not on the app.

And yes its full. It wasnt yesterday but I guess now it is so the app isnt showing me. I guess I am "stuck" in Row 2
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:49 pm

Thx to both above. On the lap top I can see the seat map, just not on the app.

And yes its full. It wasnt yesterday but I guess now it is so the app isnt showing me. I guess I am "stuck" in Row 2
Folks purchased tickets and/or system upgrades processed. You may want to periodically check the seat map and/or ask at the gate agent to let you know if something in the bulkhead opens.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.