Wiki Posts
Search

No Show in Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:39 am
Original Poster

No Show in Hotel

I am 5 nights away from Spire.

There aren't any IHG hotels in my nearby areas. I was thinking to book a hotel for 5 nights for purely the purpose of requalifying as Spire.

However, the nearest hotel that I found was around 200 miles away from my current place. Given the travel restrictions, I may not be able to travel to the hotel.

Will there be any problem if I book the hotel and doesn't show up? I'm least bothered about the money I'm spending on the hotel as it is negligible. I am worried whether the hotel reports it as a no-show to IHG. If the hotel reports it as a no-show,

1) Does those nights count towards elite nights?
2) Will the points I'll be earning for those stays gets added to my account (given that I'm opting for bonus points package)?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
As far as I know you have to be physically in the hotel and check in or it will be classed as a no show. Perhaps you can contact them and ask if they can help
Old Jan 18, 2021, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ninjalad
As far as I know you have to be physically in the hotel and check in or it will be classed as a no show. Perhaps you can contact them and ask if they can help
In case of no-show, does the night and points gets added to my account?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by VictorHugo
No, you will be classed as a no-show and not get points or nights.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I am 5 nights away from Spire.
2021 has just begun. Is there any reason why you want to rush? Whether you qualify now or Dec. 2021, your membership lasts till Dec. 2022.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
2021 has just begun. Is there any reason why you want to rush? Whether you qualify now or Dec. 2021, your membership lasts till Dec. 2022.
Hi yes. Actually it's 11 nights, not 5 - calculation mistake. I'm currently Gold, but after this 11 night activity I'll hit Spire.

I'm in a bit of hurry as I'm getting married on April and planning to spend honeymoon in InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort. Higher status always help, atleast in Asia
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Hi yes. Actually it's 11 nights, not 5 - calculation mistake. I'm currently Gold, but after this 11 night activity I'll hit Spire.

I'm in a bit of hurry as I'm getting married on April and planning to spend honeymoon in InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort. Higher status always help, atleast in Asia
Congratulations! While I don't know about this hotel particularly, for IC, getting an Ambassador membership (200USD or 40000 points) may be more effective than trying to hit spire élite membership.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Ambassador
It will also give you Platinum (but not Spire) status
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Spire is close to useless at an IC hotel. Ambassador is better (and cheaper than a mattress run).
Bowgie, Thysk and Graf von B like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Yes, indeed! Spire Elite at the IC Danang will only get you a 100% bonus points advantage as compared to the 50% bonus points as Platinum. That's the only benefit of having Spire elite. The rest of the benefits would come from your Intercontinental Ambassador membership - 4pm guaranteed late checkout, guaranteed one-category upgrade, BOGO certificate (you will definitely want to use the BOGO cert at IC Danang as it is an expensive property - I suggest you book club rooms and above - take note of the Room Upgrade Exclusions and book the correct room category to make use of your one-category room upgrade), and a US$20 F&B credit per stay. Buying the Ambassador membership is definitely more worth it than having a basic Spire elite membership where Intercontinentals are considered.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver

I wish I could get back into Vietnam. I'm assuming you're already in the country?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
I wish I could get back into Vietnam. I'm assuming you're already in the country?
I would have thought so as the likelihood of Vietnam open to foreign tourists by April is close to zero.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
No.

Just spend $200 on Ambassador. And there's no harm letting the hotel know in advance about the romantic nature of your stay.

Maybe worth considering buying up to Ambassador through the hotel: I understand there's an incentive/reward involved which can put the staff involved in a generous state of mind.
Graf von B and VictorHugo like this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Maybe worth considering buying up to Ambassador through the hotel: I understand there's an incentive/reward involved which can put the staff involved in a generous state of mind.
Great advice. Purchase Ambassador status at the hotel directly, since the front desk is incentivized to sell, you might get a better upgrade. Don’t be afraid to ask directly and push for more.

Definitely mention it’s your honeymoon, too.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:11 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
No.

Just spend $200 on Ambassador. And there's no harm letting the hotel know in advance about the romantic nature of your stay.

Good idea, but they won't be able to use the BOGO if they buy AMB at the hotel, since it needs to be in your acct and there might be a delay in that happening. Of course, a call to the hotel in advance might be helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.