Retroactively remove flight credit/MQM

Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Retroactively remove flight credit/MQM

I stupidly credited a flight to DL last week that put me just over 75K MQM for the year - my last flight of the year. Since status was extended anyway, this means I won't roll over any for the following year and would have been PM anyway next year. Is there any way to go back and retroactively credit a flight to another program or decline the MQM so I'm just under 75K and will have a chunk of miles to roll over to start again in January?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by paterwdb
I stupidly credited a flight to DL last week that put me just over 75K MQM for the year - my last flight of the year. Since status was extended anyway, this means I won't roll over any for the following year and would have been PM anyway next year. Is there any way to go back and retroactively credit a flight to another program or decline the MQM so I'm just under 75K and will have a chunk of miles to roll over to start again in January?
Status has been extended, but all MQMs will be rolling over. You'll be Platinum till 01/22 and you'll be rolling over 75K MQMs for next year.
MSPeconomist and Pittie Pup like this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Status has been extended, but all MQMs will be rolling over. You'll be Platinum till 01/22 and you'll be rolling over 75K MQMs for next year.
OP is talking about rollover on Jan 1 2022.

If OP hadn't posted the flight he would rollover just under 75k MQM into next year. (Will use 74k for sake of ease)

Jan 1 2021 - OP rollsover 74k MQM.

Early Jan/Feb 2021 - They then earn 1000 MQM and either meet MQD amount or get MQD waiver. They now have status till Jan 31st. 2023.

OP, only time they ever will remove (if even then) is when they post to wrong account.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by flyerCO
OP is talking about rollover on Jan 1 2022.

If OP hadn't posted the flight he would rollover just under 75k MQM into next year. (Will use 74k for sake of ease)

Jan 1 2021 - OP rollsover 74k MQM.

Early Jan/Feb 2021 - They then earn 1000 MQM and either meet MQD amount or get MQD waiver. They now have status till Jan 31st. 2023. ...
And exactly the same if they post those 1K MQMs today. 75+K MQM roll into 2021 and once he has MQDs he again qualifies for status until 1/31/23..

Unless somebody is going up a level, it never matters which year you get the MQMs. One will enter 2022 with the exact same status and exact same carry.

The only time it matters is if one can gain additional status in 2020 and thus collect additional benefits for this year at no other cost,
Old Dec 5, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by paterwdb
As the year draws to a close we've seen a few of these posts come up. I'll try to break it down as simply as I can but in short, there is no reason to try to get the MQMs taken away and put you back under 75K MQMs this year.

I'll explain via two scenarios:

If you're already a PM, regardless of how many MQMs you finish this year with, your PM status has already been extended through 2021 (really, till January 2022). You will still rollover all 75K MQMs that you have. As long as you meet MQD requirements or meet the AmEx MQD waiver in 2021, your rollover alone, even if you don't fly a single flight in 2021, will give you PM status in 2022 (through Jan 2023).

If you were only a GM this year, you'll now be a PM for the remainder of 2020 and will have PM status through 2021 (through January 2022). You will still rollover all 75K MQMs that you have. The next part is the same above: as long as you meet MQD requirements or meet the AmEx MQD waiver in 2021, your rollover alone, even if you don't fly a single flight in 2021, will give you PM status in 2022 (through Jan 2023).

In other words, because of this year being an anomaly, there was no reason not to credit the DL flights for the purpose of trying to avoid the higher status level and instead taking the rollover. ALL MQMs, regardless of the level you earned this year, will rollover into next year. By hitting PM this year, you'll have the extra choice benefit for earning PM this year and you don't have to wait until hitting the MQD requirement or hitting the AmEx waiver to qualify for PM next year to begin using PM benefits, if you're not currently a PM.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
As the year draws to a close we've seen a few of these posts come up. I'll try to break it down as simply as I can but in short, there is no reason to try to get the MQMs taken away and put you back under 75K MQMs this year.

I'll explain via two scenarios:

If you're already a PM, regardless of how many MQMs you finish this year with, your PM status has already been extended through 2021 (really, till January 2022). You will still rollover all 75K MQMs that you have. As long as you meet MQD requirements or meet the AmEx MQD waiver in 2021, your rollover alone, even if you don't fly a single flight in 2021, will give you PM status in 2022 (through Jan 2023).

If you were only a GM this year, you'll now be a PM for the remainder of 2020 and will have PM status through 2021 (through January 2022). You will still rollover all 75K MQMs that you have. The next part is the same above: as long as you meet MQD requirements or meet the AmEx MQD waiver in 2021, your rollover alone, even if you don't fly a single flight in 2021, will give you PM status in 2022 (through Jan 2023).

In other words, because of this year being an anomaly, there was no reason not to credit the DL flights for the purpose of trying to avoid the higher status level and instead taking the rollover. ALL MQMs, regardless of the level you earned this year, will rollover into next year. By hitting PM this year, you'll have the extra choice benefit for earning PM this year and you don't have to wait until hitting the MQD requirement or hitting the AmEx waiver to qualify for PM next year to begin using PM benefits, if you're not currently a PM.
I'm not sure about the extra set of choice benefits. DL's normal rule is that you get a set of choice benefits each time you earn the status, so earning in the middle of the year just gets you the choice benefits earlier, but you don't get to select again early the next year.

OTOH, this year if you had the status and are getting the automatic extension, you will get the choice benefits again at the beginning of the year, although if you *also* earn the status this year, you get the choice benefits at that time, earlier than others do.

If someone is nearly earning a new status level this year, it won't be an automatic extension, and it's not clear (to me at least) whether there will be a new set of choice benefits for these folks early next year.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
OP is better off hitting 75k than 74K because OP gets a Platinum gift choice, and (uniquely this year) there are no implications for rollover regarding crossing 75K vs. holding short.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
OP is better off hitting 75k than 74K because OP gets a Platinum gift choice, and (uniquely this year) there are no implications for rollover regarding crossing 75K vs. holding short.
OP is already Plat for 2020 and the DL website indicates all current Plats/DMs will get their status extended and will get 2021 Choice benefits irregardless of what they end up earning this year (see below). While there's no harm in going over 75K this year (since everything rolls over), it won't get you an extra choice benefit if you were already a Plat. If OP were only a Gold currently, then it would definitely make sense to get to 75K this year as you would get an extra Plat Choice benefit (one for earning 2021 Plat status this year, and a second for earning 2022 Plat status next year -- assuming OP meets MQD/MQD Waiver requirements).

" A full-year extension has been added to your current Medallion Status through January 31, 2022. Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members will be able to select Choice Benefits beginning February 1, 2021 as part of the extension."
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 5, 2020 at 9:28 pm
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Thanks all. I missed that they were also rolling all MQMs, I figured it would reset and they would just be giving status but still resetting MQMs for the following year. I requalified for PM with the 75K, so I suppose my choice benefit will now be coming my way in the next couple of weeks. Much appreciated, glad to hear the good news.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure about the extra set of choice benefits. DL's normal rule is that you get a set of choice benefits each time you earn the status, so earning in the middle of the year just gets you the choice benefits earlier, but you don't get to select again early the next year.

OTOH, this year if you had the status and are getting the automatic extension, you will get the choice benefits again at the beginning of the year, although if you *also* earn the status this year, you get the choice benefits at that time, earlier than others do.

If someone is nearly earning a new status level this year, it won't be an automatic extension, and it's not clear (to me at least) whether there will be a new set of choice benefits for these folks early next year.
If OP was GM for 2020 status year (earned in 2019), making PM for the 2021 status year (completed with the flight mentioned in the OP) earned him/her a set of 2021 Choice Benefits. OP will also earn 2022 Choice Benefits upon completion of the MQD requirement or waiver in 2021. If OP had finished 2020 with <75k MQMs and maintained GM, he/she would qualify for PM through Jan 31, 2023 with (presumably) one flight and meeting the MQD requirement/waiver in 2021 but would not be able to earn 2021 Choice Benefits.

TLDR: If these MQMs bumped OP from GM to PM they earned an extra set of CBs. If OP was already PM or DM, there was no impact on Choice Benefits.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
If OP was GM for 2020 status year (earned in 2019), making PM for the 2021 status year (completed with the flight mentioned in the OP) earned him/her a set of 2021 Choice Benefits. OP will also earn 2022 Choice Benefits upon completion of the MQD requirement or waiver in 2021. If OP had finished 2020 with <75k MQMs and maintained GM, he/she would qualify for PM through Jan 31, 2023 with (presumably) one flight and meeting the MQD requirement/waiver in 2021 but would not be able to earn 2021 Choice Benefits.

TLDR: If these MQMs bumped OP from GM to PM they earned an extra set of CBs. If OP was already PM or DM, there was no impact on Choice Benefits.
But OP indicates they are already a Plat for 2020 (and you are just echoing the same thing I said in my post above about it being worth it for GM's).
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by xliioper
But OP indicates they are already a Plat for 2020 (and you are just echoing the same thing I said in my post above about it being worth it for GM's).
Correct. I missed in the OP that they said they were extended as PM. I also saw an ad under MSPe's post and thought it was the end of the thread. I should have kept scrolling to see that you'd already said the same thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.