Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Sleeper’s Row: your new Economy Class experience [trial on LH506/7 FRA-GRU vv]

Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:55 am
Original Poster

https://www.lufthansa.com/br/en/sleepers-row

Poor mans business class gets marketed... to be honest... $260 is not a too bad deal for having the whole row in economy to oneself.

They should include a safety belt extension/modification to keep being strapped though...

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 21, 2020 at 8:09 am
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:28 pm

Great idea for empty planes!
Deckter likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Well, on empty planes probably very few people would pay for the extra seats and if the planes are loaded I can’t imagine they would continue with that „low“ pricing.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Dangerous and appalling

How is the passenger securely fastened during sleep ?
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by ovacikar
How is the passenger securely fastened during sleep ?
With seat belts.

I have personally done that while laying across four seats.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:28 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by fassy

Poor mans business class gets marketed... to be honest... $260 is not a too bad deal for having the whole row in economy to oneself.
April April ! (in November during Corona)
(on a serious note, NZ had a similar product....)
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty much for free on all LH flights right now, merely a way to turn a dime on an already empty flight. No one really thought Helga would sell 2/3 Y seats for $260 did they? Hence, 260 for the C pillow on a series of very empty flights which excludes the Xmas season that she hopes might be busy(ier).
Koby, chris63, Dover2Golf and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just took a screenshot to preserve the offer...

I wonder how the response will be in these times (the trial runs till mid December) where everyone is getting this facility anyway (minus pillow, blanket, matress pad).

Also I must admit I have not done LH Y longhaul since 2012 so I'm not really up to date with the seats, but from my own painful self experiments flying whY in the past (2004-10) I remember that the seat belt buckle was difficult to move aside. The arm rest on the B744 3-seaters went up fully like shown but the 4 seaters in the middle were rather stubborn in the A343 and B744 and you couldn't fold them up. So maybe the 260$ includes the magic key that unlocks the arm rests
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Waste of money. Next.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 1:07 pm

They should include a safety belt extension/modification to keep being strapped though...
For a long flight, it's not a bad price...however, how do you approach it if the flight is more full than expected and someone in a middle row who is not aware of this wants to change seats and sit in your row?
I would feel a bit awkward and really "poor business class" like if I said "sorry this row is entirely mine, you can't sit here" lol and would expect the stink eye haha
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermis177
Waste of money. Next.
On a full and very long flight, just to have two extra seats on my own? Well.. I would consider paying $260 for that. But I suppose they would price it way different (or not offer it at all) if the flights are full.

Originally Posted by NickRivas
For a long flight, it's not a bad price...however, how do you approach it if the flight is more full than expected and someone in a middle row who is not aware of this wants to change seats and sit in your row?
I would feel a bit awkward and really "poor business class" like if I said "sorry this row is entirely mine, you can't sit here" lol and would expect the stink eye haha
Not much different as right now if you had bought an extra seat for more space. Of course you have to defend that free space if other pax think it is free to grab. In the end, get help from the FA. But I agree... quite awkward situation.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’d pay it to avoid the gamble of whether I could defend a whole row after takeoff. But I have not flown long haul LH Y in about 15 years.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Did not checked the actual seat yesterday evening but purser told me that there is one paying customer on that flight.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
On a full and very long flight, just to have two extra seats on my own? Well.. I would consider paying $260 for that. But I suppose they would price it way different (or not offer it at all) if the flights are full.
On a full flight this option would not be available. Flights at the moment are like 40%-50%. Also if you consider the return leg as well the price is close to a C ticket depending airline/destination. For example, i put some random dates in January for this route and the economy ticket comes around 700 euros. If you add up the $520 then the price gets very close to a C ticket if you fly from Amsterdam or another european capital. Consider the extra service you will get plus the miles/avios i do not find it a good value.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:22 am

I flew the convertible economy Air New Zealand SkyCouch from LAX to Rarotonga and would do it again in a heartbeat. It was <$500 RT extra for the 2 of us to book the whole row which turns into a lay down bed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.