Amex Card: 12 Months of Eats Pass for Free

Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Amex Card: 12 Months of Eats Pass for Free

Hey All,

Just got a notification from Uber Eats Pass that if I link my Amex Card with it that I will get 12-months free of Uber Eats Pass. Not a bad deal. Will link my Gold Card to it. At least for now, AMEX covering Grubhub+ and Uber Eats Pass is pretty sweet. Mods, please consolidate if this was already posted. I did a VERY QUICK search and did not see anything.

Safe Travels
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:41 am
Community Director Emerita

What AMEX card do you have?
GTITAN and Zeeb like this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I received the email offer for my platinum card this morning.

Debating on what to do. It automatically renews and bills to your card unlike the Chase Doordash benefit.

I know I'll only use it when I'm using my monthly $15 credit and scared I'll forget to cancel it and don't want to run into hassles with them telling me I'm stuck paying the fee for the entire year if I forget to cancel it before it renews.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have Gold, PLT, BIZ PLT, BBP and Aspire. Yeah I know ....... I am addicted. lol

Safe Travels
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have a business and personal Delta Reserve, Hilton Am Ex and Platinum non-branded and only received the offer on my Platinum.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN
I have Gold, PLT, BIZ PLT, BBP and Aspire. Yeah I know ....... I am addicted. lol
Which ones received the offer?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I received the email offer for my platinum card this morning.

Debating on what to do. It automatically renews and bills to your card unlike the Chase Doordash benefit.

I know I'll only use it when I'm using my monthly $15 credit and scared I'll forget to cancel it and don't want to run into hassles with them telling me I'm stuck paying the fee for the entire year if I forget to cancel it before it renews.
You will only be charged for one month when it expires if you forget to cancel (currently $ 9.99), so I think it's pretty low risk. And one can always set up a calendar reminder or similar.
ceebee100 and Pittie Pup like this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Hey All,

Just got a notification from Uber Eats Pass that if I link my Amex Card with it that I will get 12-months free of Uber Eats Pass. Not a bad deal. Will link my Gold Card to it. At least for now, AMEX covering Grubhub+ and Uber Eats Pass is pretty sweet. Mods, please consolidate if this was already posted. I did a VERY QUICK search and did not see anything.

Safe Travels
I think I missed this - where is the GrubHub+ offer?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Which ones received the offer?
Plat, Gold, and Green.

Originally Posted by OskiBear
You use the $10/month Gold card dining credit to cover the monthly Grubhub+ fee of $9.99.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:04 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....consolidate if this was already posted. I did a VERY QUICK search and did not see anything.
Discussion of Platinum card version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post32773933

Discussion of Gold card version is here: Amex personal Gold (USA) adds Uber benefits, drops airline fee credit in 2022.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA,BA,CO,AMEX,SPG
Chuck

I got my AMEX Gold card a few months back. One of the benefits is a $10 discount each month for the first year when using restaurants on the list; Cheesecake Factory is one of them. So far, I have used it the past two months and have gotten a $10 credit each month. That's like saving $120 off my annual fee since my wife and I eat there about once a month anyway.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Mia,

Right you are! Feel free to consolidate!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:07 pm

Thanks for starting this thread. I normally scan my offers, looking for those that are white. The blue ones are all AMEX boiler plate offers. I looked several times after reading this thread and finally spotted it in a blue box.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Isn't the real Grubhub+ offer being Lyft Pink coming with Grubhub+, so the Chase Sapphire Reserve is automatically giving Grubhub+?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
You will only be charged for one month when it expires if you forget to cancel (currently $ 9.99), so I think it's pretty low risk. And one can always set up a calendar reminder or similar.
As a follow-on to this, there is also an option in the app to simply turn auto renewal off. So, no need to bother with the calendar reminder.
Yllanes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.