Wiki Posts
Search

Re-ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
Re-ticketing?

Hello everyone. I bought a pair of tickets (SFO - PHL) in January, 2020 for June, 2020. Because of the pandemic, our plan was changed and I called in early June to change the tickets to April, 2021 (also changed from PDX - PHL.). The travel agent was able to keep our original record locator. Our tickets were re-ticketed and I got an email confirmation a day after I made the change.

Of course things changed and I needed to change my tickets again. I called in to have the tickets changed on the date of the inbound trip. The outbound flights remains the same. The inbound flights will be the same except the date (pushing back for a whole week.). The agent said that there was no additional fare to be paid and she said that I should get an email confirmation after my tickets were re-ticketed. It’s been two days, and I have not received the confirmation email. I checked the website, and it stated that the tickets were re-ticketed in early June this year.

Should I contact AA about it?

Thank you!
Chan
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
"I checked the website, and it stated that the tickets were re-ticketed in early June this year."

Does this mean the date ticketed is june and the details are correct? Or the details are the old flights?

Either way, calling AA can't hurt to confirm.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
"I checked the website, and it stated that the tickets were re-ticketed in early June this year."

Does this mean the date ticketed is june and the details are correct? Or the details are the old flights?

Either way, calling AA can't hurt to confirm.
The date ticketed is June this year and the details reflects the latest change.

Thank you!
Antarius likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Called AA 30 mins ago and spoke to an agent who explained that the previous changes (made two days ago) weren’t done correctly. That was why the tickets weren’t re-issued and no email confirmation email. The agent assured me that the changes would be done correctly. 10-15 mins after the call, I received an email confirmation and the tickets were re-issued!

Chan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.