Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flight Ticketed with American but Not with Qatar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Ticketed with American but Not with Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2020, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Angry Flight Ticketed with American but Not with Qatar

This strange thing is happening to me. So, few days ago, I bought an award ticket from TOL-ORD-DOH-DAC from Nov 2nd with AA points. After that, I called the customer care to change the flight from DOH-DAC to the next flight as the transit time was too low. However, the agent accidentally dropped my ticket from the ORD-DOH route. She made a request to reinstate my ticket for this segment. I got an email from American yesterday that said the booking is ticketed now. Here is the strange thing, when I put in the OneWorld confirmation number in the Qatar manage booking section, it does not show the ORD-DOH flight. It does show the other two flights. Whenever I call American, they say booking is ticketed and everything is confirmed and fine. However, when I try to select seat with Qatar Customer Care, they ask that American Airlines need to reinstate the ticket, and they cannot do anything as American is the owner of the ticket. I am kind of doing ping pong right now, and although American says everything is fine, my gut says something is wrong because I can't see the ORD-DOH segment in any oneworld site(Finnair, rj, qatar). So my question is, what can happen in the airport? If I am denied boarding because of ticketing issue, will the American airport staff be able to help me with the booking?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Call AA again and ask them again. Have them call the OW liaison if they have to to cross check the status
Don't leave it till the airport, it won't end well.
GunsOfNavarone likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

This is the thing, one CSO contacted OW liaison, and they were confused because the flight doesn't show up in AA system anymore. This CSO offered me an alternate flight path. I called again after some time and the CSO contacted OW again and this time they say everything is okay. However, I still can't see the flight in OW booking. It's turning my head right now.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If the connection time was too short , I am surprised it was able to be ticketed - the MCT on Doha is , iirc, 45 minutes and that is plenty of time

If the AA booking is ok, then it should show the sector in the AA booking - if AA is stating that it is ok, then perhaps get an agent to send a copy of the ticket

If you are not showing by QR as ticketed on the flight, I would suspect that QR is correct

If your ticket is not correct, then you are likely to have an issue that may well not be able to be resolved at the airport
Often1 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would get AA & QR on a three-way call and have them both read back what they show as ticketed. If it is resolved, then pull up the e-ticket receipt on both carriers and print it out. If you can't, then have QR email you, your e-ticket receipt.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

What do you mean by copy of the ticket? When I asked to forward, they just forward the itinerary. I do have the eticket number. But, should I ask them to forward me the ticket itself? Is there anything in the ticket except the number though? And, QR actually refuses to do anything on this. They just put their hands up and say it's Americans ticket.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tamim Addari
What do you mean by copy of the ticket? When I asked to forward, they just forward the itinerary. I do have the eticket number. But, should I ask them to forward me the ticket itself? Is there anything in the ticket except the number though? And, QR actually refuses to do anything on this. They just put their hands up and say it's Americans ticket.
They are correct. QR cannot do anything to the ticket as AA is the marketing carrier.

is there space still available on the flights? If so, put it on hold and call AA and have them cancel the old one and book the new one for you.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, it seems like this was the last Award ticket. Although the CSO said there are plenty seats available, this was the last award ticket. Something changed and the flight now showed up as "not confirmed" leg in QR booking section. Hopefully, it will be resolved, otherwise it seems like my only option is to keep pestering AA CSOs.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:46 pm

Indeed, there is nothing that QR can do to help - its is purely AA at the moment

when you check reservation on the AA site, does it show "on Request" or "ticketed - <date>" ?

If it says "on request" then AA still has to reissue the ticket
If the ticketed date only reflects the original ticketing date, AA still has to reissue the ticket
If it shows "ticketed - <date>' where date reflects the date when you made the change ( or soon after ) then what is showing on the booking on the site, probably reflects what is ticketed and AA needs to do something regarding the missing sector ; if you have a booking on the flight, it should be easy to fix

If you go to the Qatar website and check the booking using the Qatar record locator, what does the booking show ; also when in manage booking on QR site, you may be able to get a copy of the ticket and see exactly what is ticketed

Availability wise, is there still availability if you check for a through booking on the original flights? the ORD-DOH availability based on the original connection may be different to that of what you have now requested
Married sector availability may have been the reason that the ORD-DOH originally dropped out when changing the onward flight
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Indeed, there is nothing that QR can do to help - its is purely AA at the moment

when you check reservation on the AA site, does it show "on Request" or "ticketed - <date>" ?

If it says "on request" then AA still has to reissue the ticket
If the ticketed date only reflects the original ticketing date, AA still has to reissue the ticket
If it shows "ticketed - <date>' where date reflects the date when you made the change ( or soon after ) then what is showing on the booking on the site, probably reflects what is ticketed and AA needs to do something regarding the missing sector ; if you have a booking on the flight, it should be easy to fix

If you go to the Qatar website and check the booking using the Qatar record locator, what does the booking show ; also when in manage booking on QR site, you may be able to get a copy of the ticket and see exactly what is ticketed
Thanks, AA shows it as ticketed on 23rd October, which is after all the changes were made. In Qatar the booking is now partially confirmed with ORD-DOH showing "Not Confirmed" and other legs as Confirmed.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tamim Addari
Thanks, AA shows it as ticketed on 23rd October, which is after all the changes were made. In Qatar the booking is now partially confirmed with ORD-DOH showing "Not Confirmed" and other legs as Confirmed.
Are all the legs showing in your booking on aa.com?

What does it show on the Qatar website when you check the booking there

Also - check on the QR website what the ticket number is showing - is it the correct ticket number or does it have the old one?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Are all the legs showing in your booking on aa.com?

What does it show on the Qatar website when you check the booking there

Also - check on the QR website what the ticket number is showing - is it the correct ticket number or does it have the old one?
My understanding from the OP is that AA shows all segments, but QR is missing ORD-DOH
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:36 pm

If AA.com is showing it in the booking, then need to check the status of the sector - is it in an HK status or something else ( e.g. UC )
If AA is showing it as anything other than HK, it may be part of reservation and ticketed, but isn't valid for travel since it isnt in a confirmed state - phone AA and ask what the status of the sector is
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
As i have experienced with award tickets with both AA and QR.. its up to AA to find space on QR..you need to keep calling AA... (for me it was once every few days) until
you are confirmed all the way..
AA website says still waiting for 2 legs to clear... QR says all confirmed... who to believe?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I also think that the issue is on the AA hand.

In some of my rebooking experiences ( although not award tickets ), agents send the ticket to a rebooking queue which would be ticketed by ticketing agents.

If I were you, I would have called AA and asked the ticket to be issued immediately and have the e-ticket number of your new re-issued ticket rather than checking it through your PNR.

As this is a partner award and QR might drop the segments during American's ticketing queue, I would have also ensured that the hotline agents that your ticket is re-issued immediatly.

Also, a 50-55 minute connection in Doha is high enough in normal cases. Plus, if you have missed the earlier flight due to a mis-connection, the agents would have rebooked you to the 01:30 flight over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.