Wiki Posts
Search

US to UK May/June 2021?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
US to UK May/June 2021?

I’m sure this has been asked, and I know it’s all speculation, but I’m thinking about booking an Avios redemption for next summer. Availability to/from MCO is often limited in summer months so I want to jump while it’s somewhat open!

Looking at the T&Cs it seems that Avios redemptions are fully refundable minus a $25 service fee per ticket up to 24 hours before departure. Am I reading that right?

We don’t know what next summer will look like, and what we’ll be able to do, so I’m tempted to just go ahead and book.

Aside from loaning BA the taxes and fees (which are outrageous but that’s another story for another day) Or is there a risk I’m not seeing?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can cancel any reward more than 24 hours before your flight and get everything back minus a $55 per person cancellation fee.

You are also covered under BWC/FTV for any new bookings for travel up to end of August 2021.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There's been enough of these crystal ball threads! Absolutely crack on and book. You're covered with the Book With Confidence policy, but I prefer the cancel and lose the small booking fee option rather than tie up in Future Travel Vouchers. Good to have something to look forward to - and as you say availability not often easy. Main threads for further reading :

Book with confidence policy

and

Rebooking with e-voucher
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
There's no risk apart from the charge to refund although I thought it was $55? I'm not up to date on that as it doesn't apply to me. However, you may find deals at the moment that are equally as good with a cash ticket in the current sale. These are protected through the Book with Confidence commitment. While you may not be able to get a full refund you will be able to take a future travel voucher if you change your plans. You will also earn Avios and tier points rather than spending Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.