Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reasonable response time in a COVID world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium

Considering Delta has had to cut back on agents, what do others think is a reasonable response time to queries or comments submitted via the on-line form?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nwncl
Considering Delta has had to cut back on agents, what do others think is a reasonable response time to queries or comments submitted via the on-line form?
It depends what it is about.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It depends what it is about.
Agreed, is the question something time critical about a flight that's happening soon or a ticket that needs to be purchased now, or is it a general question about a Skymiles account or something else that, while you might want to get taken care of, is not time critical.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Realistically, it also depends on the customer's status and whether a premium cabin ticket was involved. OP claims to be PE (under the username), but assuming this doesn't mean Premium Economy, it seems to be a PMNW status from a decade ago.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP has not provided anywhere close to enough information to receive a good answer.

In particular, is this a matter which an agent can respond to or does it require investigation and, if so, what does it require.

Factor in class of service and status and the answer could be anywhere from a few days to a few months and the response, depending on the issue, could be a simple cut & paste which means nothing.

On the other hand, if there is an issue with a ticket or something else which relates to upcoming travel, email is not a route I would take with DL or any US carrier.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
My last response time via an online (non urgent, past flown) issue was just under 3 weeks as a PM back in September. Earlier this year when COVID first happened I had a similar message submitted and the response time was about 2 months.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
My most recent online contact took more than a month to receive a reply. I don't really consider that reasonable, but that's what we're working with as of last month.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PE, HHonours Diamond, Turkish Miles & Smiles Gold, Marriott Titanium
Great response and considerations. I will admit to purposely not including much additional information. Is it time that as consumers we try and frame our expectations on those variables?

In this specific situation, I’m PM MM, flew PE.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Back when covid started, I cancelled a trip purchased with 2x prior credits (on diff CCs) and additional CC charge. Supposedly, with this being a 'more complicated' refund, it took about 10 weeks - but all the monies were refunded to their respective cards.
Not sure what kind of staffing they have in different departments now compared to then - but I'm sure it's less than 'normal'. So if it's a submission about something in the past (ie: not time sensitive), it may take longer than usual/expected.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by cmd320
My most recent online contact took more than a month to receive a reply. I don't really consider that reasonable, but that's what we're working with as of last month.
Last week I got a reply within a few days of my request, but it was more or less a canned response that was not helpful. I rather have something that takes longer and is well thought out than a quick, cursory response.
nwncl likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I sent in a quick compliment the other day about two of the F/As on a recent flight I was on around 10 am EST, and I heard back from DL by 2:30 pm that same day. I was pretty surprised - but then again, a short acknowledgement of a compliment doesn't take much in the way of resources, so maybe that's why it was so quick - but that was definitely the fastest I'd ever received a response (I'm also a DM, which I'm sure is a factor).
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Great response and considerations. I will admit to purposely not including much additional information. Is it time that as consumers we try and frame our expectations on those variables?

In this specific situation, I’m PM MM, flew PE.
We don't need specifics, just a general idea what issue involves. Ie refunds, post flight inflight service issues, baggage, etc...
SNAGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.