Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Call back from BA/Avios agent

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Call back from BA/Avios agent

I called BA/Avios today to book the first leg of an open jaws redemption, the return flight not yet being open. I planned to use a couple of refunds which included a 2-4-1 companion voucher. The agent said it would be simpler if they blocked the outbound seats for now and then for her to call me back to complete the booking next week when the return flight opened. Is this potentially just good customer service or are other factors (commission?) in play?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Sounds like great customer service to me.
jerry a. laska and cbagent like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
I've had unprompted callbacks before, I think all from the Newcastle call centre. They were always really helpful, but I have no idea what the motivation behind them was, other than Geordie friendliness.
cbagent likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I wouldn’t rely on it happening or going to plan. I’d book them myself at 1.00am next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.