Hyatt 4Q Mattress Run DO?

Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt 4Q Mattress Run DO?

With the 4Q Hyatt promo(s), many people are considering long stays in a cheap Hyatt for status nights.

Just spitballing here, maybe a bunch of us could pick the same hotel with overlapping dates, and help one another with swiping in-and-out so as to avoid getting involuntarily checked out by the hotel.

There are several cat 1s not far from ORD that can be about $70 or less for cash or of course 5k points. I am sure there would be plenty of people to carpool/give rides.

The HR Schaumburg has an HP next door. Should be plenty of capacity. I think it has a free shuttle for rides to the commuter train station to downtown Chicago. Restaurants/bars nearby.

We could have a sort of rolling Chicago Seminars-type event where people can get together socially to the extent they want and perhaps even have some formal talks. Maybe with enough people, the hotel would do something for us. I once discussed something like this with a Hyatt at the HR and the rep said she thought one of the top World of Hyatt people would probably be willing to come visit if there were enough folks.

It appears to me that stays over New Years Day would be best for many people to maximize 2021 status nights.

This idea just occurred to me, so I have not thought it out. Please chime in if you think this might be of interest, specific days/hotels, ideas for activities, etc. Id be happy to talk to some of the hotels to find one that would be amenable to a group, give perks, meeting rooms, etc.

At some point this thread might be best moved to Community Buzz.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many Hyatts aren't currently operating their shuttle service due to COVID-19, although I know of a case where the hotel made an exception for a group who had booked a smallish business meeting at the hotel. I recall seeing a shuttle vehicle at HR Schaumburg a couple years ago; it seemed to be used by a group, apparently with an arrangement to/from ORD based on the luggage I observed.

People should think about whether they want to trust a stranger with their hotel room key. Any damage, theft, or minibar raids (if applicable) would be charged to the room's registered guest.

If someone contacts hotels, it would be good to get information about lounges (assume closed, but there might be exceptions if local regulations permit it), breakfast, Glob benefits, etc.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
With status extended already, what exactly is the point of mattress running in 2020? Some Milestone Rewards that are less valuable than the cost of earning them?

Sure the nights roll over, but just mattress run in 2021 if necessary...
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
With status extended already, what exactly is the point of mattress running in 2020? Some Milestone Rewards that are less valuable than the cost of earning them?

Sure the nights roll over, but just mattress run in 2021 if necessary...
Double status nights for 2021. Get Globalist through 2/28/23 with 30 nights.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 23, 2020 at 9:26 am
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Wrong hotel chain. Hilton is doing double elite nights, not Hyatt.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Wrong hotel chain. Hilton is doing double elite nights, not Hyatt.
You need to keep up...

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ttress-run-qa/
Pocatello likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
There's no need to have the same debate in two separate threads.

When the T&Cs are released, we'll see whether management (and their lawyers) at Hyatt have realised how dumb it is to award double elite nights, but only to people who check out on 4 specific dates.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Best I presume to wait until 10/1/20 for Hyatt to release the list of hotels with quad-point offers.
flyertalker28120 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 10:28 am

There are definitely some attractive rates even for the Bay Area to do a mattress run.
MaverickSC likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:11 pm

With the 4Q Hyatt promo(s), many people are considering long stays in a cheap Hyatt for status nights.

Just spitballing here, maybe a bunch of us could pick the same hotel with overlapping dates, and help one another with swiping in-and-out so as to avoid getting involuntarily checked out by the hotel.

There are several cat 1s not far from ORD that can be about $70 or less for cash or of course 5k points. I am sure there would be plenty of people to carpool/give rides.

The HR Schaumburg has an HP next door. Should be plenty of capacity. I think it has a free shuttle for rides to the commuter train station to downtown Chicago. Restaurants/bars nearby.

We could have a sort of rolling “Chicago Seminars-type” event where people can get together socially to the extent they want and perhaps even have some formal talks. Maybe with enough people, the hotel would do something for us. I once discussed something like this with a Hyatt at the HR and the rep said she thought one of the top World of Hyatt people would probably be willing to come visit if there were enough folks.

It appears to me that stays over New Year’s Day would be best for many people to maximize 2021 status nights.

This idea just occurred to me, so I have not thought it out. Please chime in if you think this might be of interest, specific days/hotels, ideas for activities, etc. I’d be happy to talk to some of the hotels to find one that would be amenable to a group, give perks, meeting rooms, etc.

At some point this thread might be best moved to Community Buzz.
Sorry but this sounds like fraud to me and reason to be permanently banned from WOH. Basically you want people to pretend they are you so you can collect nights (and monetarily valuable perks to be used later) at low cost without actually staying at the hotel. Count me out.

BTW: I know you'll rationalize your behavior, but to others reading this: lying to get something of monetary value from a person or organization that would not ordinarily provide you with such value had you not lied is textbook fraud. What OP is proposing is to purposefully deceive the hotel - which is lying about staying there. Oh yes, fraud is illegal.

This thread should be closed.
laxsnaogg likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Huh? I thought one EQN in 2020 will equal 1 EQN in 2021. How are you getting double EQNs for 2020?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsquare
Huh? I thought one EQN in 2020 will equal 1 EQN in 2021. How are you getting double EQNs for 2020?
Read Frequent Miler blog.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Sorry but this sounds like fraud to me and reason to be permanently banned from WOH. Basically you want people to pretend they are you so you can collect nights (and monetarily valuable perks to be used later) at low cost without actually staying at the hotel. Count me out.

BTW: I know you'll rationalize your behavior, but to others reading this: lying to get something of monetary value from a person or organization that would not ordinarily provide you with such value had you not lied is textbook fraud. What OP is proposing is to purposefully deceive the hotel - which is lying about staying there. Oh yes, fraud is illegal.

What in Gods name is this complete nonsense?

I think you have no idea WHATSOEVER what I am discussing.
UA-NYC and AndyKehn like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:43 pm

Read Frequent Miler blog.
the other thread debates whether this actually works considering a hyatt rep said something completely different than the blog...
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr

I'm usually quick to point out fraud when someone suggests a scheme. I'm certain many people consider me to be a hotel apologist.

What the OP is proposing in this thread isn't fraud.

Since the people involved would actually show up at the hotel to check-in, there's no deception. Departing early without checking out and having a "friend" use the room in some manner isn't fraud unless the hotel in question has strict requirements that say only registered guests are allowed to be in rooms. That sort of scenario wouldn't be in place in a typical US hotel.

That said, I think MSPeconomist's comment regarding trusting a stranger to take care of my hotel room is worth highlighting. To me, it's too much risk.
SPN Lifer and MSPeconomist like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.