"future bookings" on BA a mess.

Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
"future bookings" on BA a mess.

I don't know if this already been addressed before: As BA is basically unable due to coronus to keep any of the flights alive I got a lot of cancellations. What works fine is to rebook them on to another date, also that the vouchers can now be redeemed online is a big relief not only for BA customer service system. But what I get on their website and also on my Apple and android apps is a complete mess: Not only that all the cancelled flights are still there at the moment it is even not possible to use the "manage your booking" properly as it only shows the flights but neither a seat nor anything else can be seen or amended.
As I work in IT I have an idea why this is happening but overall BA should really rebuild its web appearance as not only "future bookings" are full of errors and mistakes.
florens likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:06 am
Suspended

BA may be waiting for central reservation systems that it has no control of to be improved, prior to introducing its own IT improvements. Although if it doesn’t, it’s disappointing that this problem wasn’t tidied up some time ago.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Aug 13, 2020 at 5:16 am
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
it has been like this for ages.
  • cancelled bookings still appearing and even pushing reminders on mobile
  • sometimes you log in and NONE of the bookings appear
  • changed bookings appear but sometimes with wrong destinations--originally i had a DUB-LHR ticket cancelled and re-booked LHR-BCN...still shows are DUB-LHR departing last april
these are not coronavirus related issues, they have been persistent for as long as i can recall but we all know the entire BA experience online or mobile is in shambles generally.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
When viewing "my bookings" on APP it's easy to know which ones are cancelled / redundant and which are live - they say "Add Executive Club Number" for those cancelled
Old Aug 13, 2020, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s crap, it’s been like this since forever, and I very much doubt it will ever change. They’ll just waste time and money on another homepage refresh that makes the site even less useable.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Aug 13, 2020 at 6:15 am
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It’s crap, it’s been like this since forever, and I very much doubt it will ever change. They’ll just waste time and money on another homepage refresh that makes the site even less useable.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It’s crap
Its not that good...
Swanhunter and fliegwech like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.