Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Confirm change travel (closer date) and destination - what am I missing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Flying out of bangkok, book the cheapest destination in Europe (looks like Berlin) and at the cheapest date (mid october).

And then call them and move to late September and switch to Manchester?

What am I missing here? Sounds too good to be true - one phone call to save 100 quid (based on originally booking Manchester for late september)
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:40 am

got to have the same fare bucket available
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Looks like both 'N' so quids in. Is the 14 day thing that was mentioned here last month still in effect? There is a (possibly outdated?) webpage on qatar site that suggests it is but then the latest july 20 PDF pinned in the covid waiver thread doesnt mention it? grr..
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mattspod
Looks like both 'N' so quids in. Is the 14 day thing that was mentioned here last month still in effect? There is a (possibly outdated?) webpage on qatar site that suggests it is but then the latest july 20 PDF pinned in the covid waiver thread doesnt mention it? grr..
It still mentions 14 days after date of purchase for voluntary changes in the conditions section.

Bear in mind that during those two weeks you run the risk that the same fare bucket may sell out on one or more sectors of your proposed new itinerary, at which point you won't be able to change for free unless you are flexible on dates. And the change cost may then be higher than if you just booked the route you want now. Prior to departure the whole ticket would be subject to potential repricing too, so you would need all 4 sectors to still be available in the same fare bucket.

So playing the system might work to your advantage, or it might not. Depends on your appetite for the gamble.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by mattspod
why are you bringing Grand Rapids, Michigan into this (GRR)? LOL....you should have said grrrr....let me have my fun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.