Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Night Before Bag Check T5

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Night Before Bag Check T5

Hi,

I know this was launched a while a go, where you could check your bag the night before for a flight departing the following morning. I was wondering if with the current situation it is still running or been suspended?

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes it is running, I have got emails and texts from BA in the last few weeks encouraging me to check bags at T5 anytime after 4pm the previous day.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On the other hand, if you are going to Greece, be aware of some complexities relating to Greece's QR code system:
Greece - individual or family PLF for BA?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Just be aware that all passengers on the same PNR / booking reference need to be present. You cannot check other passenger's bags in on their behalf without them present.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
Just be aware that all passengers on the same PNR / booking reference need to be present. You cannot check other passenger's bags in on their behalf without them present.
Slight correction: all passengers checking in a bag need to be present, which is not exactly the same thing. And if one person has enough allowance to cover all the bags (e.g. a couple travelling in Club with one bag each but a 2x2 allowance) then only that person needs to be present as long as they’re happy to put them all under one name.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Used it this week - worked a dream - staying at Sofitel the night before my flight - wandered into an empty terminal for bag drop the night before and then the next morning straight to security !
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.