Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Beirut explosion : Hope BEYflyer and BA6501 are ok

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond

Anyone heard from BEYFlyer? I hope that I have his correct screen name.

I hope he is safe and sound, please let us know.
Jaimito Cartero and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Anyone heard from BEYFlyer? I hope that I have his correct screen name.

I hope he is safe and sound, please let us know.
I was thinking of him as well. I see Dovster asked a similar question.
Has anyone heard from BEYFlyer recently?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
I was thinking of him as well. I see Dovster asked a similar question.
Has anyone heard from BEYFlyer recently?
I hope we hear back from him. I know he always posted on the BA forum.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Safe and sound. Thank you all. Sadly, Beirut looks like a war zone. So much loss of life and destruction.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
How the heck did all that happen? I just can't believe it. Glad you're safe and sound.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Safe and sound. Thank you all. Sadly, Beirut looks like a war zone. So much loss of life and destruction.
Glad you're okay and hope friends and family are too. Thanks to BA I had a long weekend in Beirut a couple of years ago and haven't stopped recommending it to people since. A fantastic city which (in my social circles anyway) no one considers visiting. I've certainly been hooked on the Lebanese wine too now! Hopefully this event won't continue to put people off and the city can recover quickly...
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
That's so nice that FTers are checking others are ok. And so glad to hear from BEYflyer. Didn't really want to like their post given the circumstances of so much death and destruction. My condolences to all affected by yesterday's awful incident. I can't understand why 2700 tonnes of highly explosive chemicals were allowed to be stored in a warehouse that appears not to have had any means to ensure that it couldn't explode.
florens, BA6501, Yahillwe and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
It's so sad to see. I had many happy times working with a supplier in Beirut who ensured that I got to see most of Lebanon during the months I was working there. I'm glad you're OK - and nice to hear from @Yahillwe as well.

Oh, and to keep on-topic with BA - I used to love the flights to/from BEY in the ex-BMED cradle chairs. Always great service.
BA6501, Yahillwe and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I will just page BA6501 too, if I may. I know he mainly lives outside Beirut but I hope all is well with him too.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I will just page BA6501 too, if I may. I know he mainly lives outside Beirut but I hope all is well with him too.
Thank you, CWS. I have no words. A lot of material damage, but nothing in comparison to the human disaster - short term and medium term. Thankfully my family are all well, despite a close call. A close friend wasn't so lucky.

2020 can't end soon enough.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:37 am

I don't know BEYFlyer BA6501 personally but I extend my well-wishes. I absolutely adored Beirut when I visited; the amount of misfortunes that have befallen that city - and Lebanon overall - in recent history is just staggering. It feels as if fate has gotten a particular dislike with the country.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Glad to hear you're both OK.
Yahillwe, BA6501 and Finkface like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So glad that you are both ok. And apologies to BA6501, I didn't know that you lived in Lebanon.

Am sure there are others whom I missed, you can report here for everyone to be reassured of your safety.

From what I have seen and read on twitter it is a mess, a huge mess.

I was there last summer, stayed in those beautifully restored old homes, just beautiful. Went on a local food tour, it was EXCELLENT with lots of history included. Then went to the mountains and stayed in another restored old house and visited a great great vineyard. One man and his dog vineyard.

I was hoping to go back this year, but then, no one planned for what the world is going through. If we stick to being vigilantly careful, masks/social distancing then I hope by next summer we can have vacations back.

Meanwhile, please let me know how I can help, by pm of course.

And thank you That1Feeling, the BA forum and posters have a special place in my heart.

I miss Philthe flyer, Mucci, and many others, forgot their screen names.

Last edited by Yahillwe; Aug 5, 2020 at 7:15 am
Old Aug 5, 2020, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Thank Yahillwe for asking the question I'm certain many of us were thinking. My heart aches seeing what has happened but at least these FTers are okay.
SanDiego1K, Yahillwe and Finkface like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Thank you everyone. Touching and much appreciated right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.