Wiki Posts
Search

Transit from US through ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Transit from US through ZRH

My US wife is an essential worker and has a flight to the EU from the US connecting through Zurich. We have read the info on the iata site but there is conflicting verbiage. Anyone have experience connecting through Zurich lately (2 hr connection)? As we understand it, transit pax not leaving the transit zone of the the airport are not entering the CH and therefore allowed.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
TIMATIC is quite clear. But, to be fair, without knowing the destination country, it may matter whether the destination country is Schengen. I used US-CK-DE for the following example and, as you can see, there is no transit (US national, US residency). If you could provide the exact routing, it would inform a perhaps better answer:Admission and Transit Restrictions:
- Passengers are not allowed to transit if arriving from a
non-Schengen Member State to another Schengen Member State.
- This does not apply to family members of nationals of EEA
Member States
and Switzerland.
- This does not apply to family members of British nationals.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by p100a
As we understand it, transit pax not leaving the transit zone of the the airport are not entering the CH and therefore allowed.
It will be an airside transfer but since she'll be continue travel to an EU destination she will need to clear passport control and immigrate into the Schengen zone. So, she better bring proof of her right to entry into the Schengen zone via Switzerland.

See the following link:
https://ch.usembassy.gov/covid-19-info/
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Timatic says NOT ALLOWED on every country we enter despite selecting DUTY for reason of travel. It clearly does not take into account the exempted categories of travelers that are allowed transit and visits. I called SWISS and explained the specifics and they said transit is 100% ALLOWED onward to the EU/Shengen countries.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by p100a
Timatic says NOT ALLOWED on every country we enter despite selecting DUTY for reason of travel. It clearly does not take into account the exempted categories of travelers that are allowed transit and visits. I called SWISS and explained the specifics and they said transit is 100% ALLOWED onward to the EU/Shengen countries.
Get it in writing or at least an assurance that the commitment has been entered in your PNR notes.

What you see when you run your data in TIMATIC is what the check-in agent will see when you check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.