Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Anyone experience any recent difficulty with OLCI?

Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

I'm flying MSY-DFW-LAX tomorrow. Tickets paid for by credit card and issued several weeks ago. There are no other flights on the PNR (i.e., no international segments that might mess up OLCI). Sticker upgrades have cleared. Seats are assigned. I've tried several times using the app and the website to check in, and each time I get an error message indicating that I need to check in at the airport. I know a lot of people get worried when OLCI doesn't work -- I'm not one of them -- but I'm just curious, since I don't recall the last time I had an OLCI issue that did not involve an international itinerary, whether anyone else has had any recent issues.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
no issues... because I am not flying yet... but I would call AA to give yourself piece of mind
Old Jul 13, 2020, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I periodically have a patch of OLCI issues. Lasts a few weeks worth of flights and returns to normal.

Then again, I am one of the people who gets "randomly selected" for screening, so it may be TSA and not AA. I just don't have a sample size on other airlines to tell.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
When you check-in at the airport, look for SSSS on your boarding pass.

James
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer
no issues... because I am not flying yet... but I would call AA to give yourself piece of mind
I’m not gonna call. As I indicated, this is not affecting my piece (or peace) of mind.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
I periodically have a patch of OLCI issues. Lasts a few weeks worth of flights and returns to normal.

Then again, I am one of the people who gets "randomly selected" for screening, so it may be TSA and not AA. I just don't have a sample size on other airlines to tell.
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
When you check-in at the airport, look for SSSS on your boarding pass.

James
Will report back this afternoon.
Antarius and gateH15 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The official explanation: a glitch.

When I arrived at MSY, I first went to a kiosk. (Why is it that some people using the kiosks insist on parking their luggage in front of an adjacent kiosk?) No luck. I got an error message indicating I had to check in with an agent.

I went to the priority line, where the agent pulled up my reservation but couldn’t check me in. He said that as far as he could see everything was in order, but the system wouldn’t let him check me in.

So he asked a colleague to help. She said that as far as she could see everything was in order, but the system wouldn’t let her check me in.

So he called the help desk. The help desk said that as far as they could see everything was in order, but the system wouldn’t let them check me in.

So the help desk called the help desk’s help desk, and the help desk’s help desk turned whatever knobs and opened whatever valves were necessary to allow the agent to print my BPs. Pre-check printed properly and no SSSSS. No “random” selection for secondary TSA screening.

The moment the help desk’s help desk did whatever it was they did I received a text informing me of my upgrade, which had cleared yesterday, so perhaps that was clogging the pipes somehow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.