Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Staycation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2020, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hyatt
Unhappy Hyatt Staycation

Hello. First time on this platform. I have a construction project at my house next week and planned a staycation with my husband at a Hyatt near my house. I am a Globalist and this will be my first stay since achieving this status. I am excited to get a chance to use perks like a possible suite upgrade, free self-parking, and free breakfast. I called the hotel today and they are currently booking around 30% capacity and sit on 26 acres, giving us plenty of space to social distance. The front desk person let me know that the main restaurant at the property is closed due to COVID and they are offering a take-a-way breakfast in the mornings at a lounge/cafe. However, this breakfast will not be offered free to globalists and instead, they are giving me 500 points total for my stay. I value 500 Hyatt points at about $10, way less than the cost of breakfast at a resort for 5 days for 2 people. We will most likely grab some provision from the grocery store on the way in.

Last edited by werbarton; Jul 12, 2020 at 9:31 am Reason: Property Name: Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Old Jul 11, 2020, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT. It will be helpful to know property name.
werbarton likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by werbarton
Hello. First time on this platform. I have a construction project at my house next week and planned a staycation with my husband at a Hyatt near my house. I am a Globalist and this will be my first stay since achieving this status. I am excited to get a chance to use perks like a possible suite upgrade, free self-parking, and free breakfast. I called the hotel today and they are currently booking around 30% capacity and sit on 26 acres, giving us plenty of space to social distance. The front desk person let me know that the main restaurant at the property is closed due to COVID and they are offering a take-a-way breakfast in the mornings at a lounge/cafe. However, this breakfast will not be offered free to globalists and instead, they are giving me 500 points total for my stay. I value 500 Hyatt points at about $10, way less than the cost of breakfast at a resort for 5 days for 2 people. We will most likely grab some provision from the grocery store on the way in.
I would just ask at check in if they’re able to do 500 points per day. Especially since they have actual breakfast available for takeaway. They may “make an exception” and grant you breakfast, which honestly if it’s available it should be given. It sucks when properties try to skirt the rules.
werbarton likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I would just ask at check in if they’re able to do 500 points per day. Especially since they have actual breakfast available for takeaway. They may “make an exception” and grant you breakfast, which honestly if it’s available it should be given. It sucks when properties try to skirt the rules.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I thought the official policy/guidance was 500 points per night, not per stay?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
I thought the official policy/guidance was 500 points per night, not per stay?
500 Per Night isn’t even reasonable especially if you have 2+ guests staying where Breakfast would be $40+ at most locations. When it was Gold Passport if a lounge was closed it’d be 2,500 points.

But if that’s the policy/guidance then it should be practiced. Since breakfast is a daily benefit I’d think a daily credit (500 points) should be provided.

Hopefully a Hyatt CSR reads this and can chime in on what guidance Hyatt provided in place of Glob Breakfast.
werbarton likes this.

Last edited by Matt4200; Jul 12, 2020 at 12:34 am
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume the rates are much lower than usual and triple points promo makes it even more reasonable.
Benefits consideration aside, how appealing is daily takeaway breakfast anyways?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:37 am
Original Poster

You are correct. I am using points and cash. With free self-parking and no resort fee the stay will be very reasonable. I agree the takeaway breakfast will probably not be very good.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:57 am

Hyatt has clarified the official policy/guidance -

500 Points Per Night rather than per stay.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

This is great to know. I will check with the front desk before I leave. Thanks to everyone who responded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.