Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA : MIA-JNB from $1811 Z Rtn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SA Blue,VS Red,BA Blue,DL Skymiles,EK Skywards

LA : MIA-JNB from $1811 Z Rtn Fare code ZEEEV58Q July 31st. onwards

Last edited by beorbe; Jun 4, 2020 at 7:08 am Reason: Better format
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Before everyone else jumps on you, this fare has been around for a while. It's a very good fare though.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:45 am

South Africa closed its borders for international travel through February 2021 just as a heads up
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
Good heads UP. Not very helpful to have a ticket when the borders are closed!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: banned from AA
Can you update this to have the airline, price, class in the title?
Possible dates or rules in the post?
SSF556, SFO777, rumboj and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kodawg9
South Africa closed its borders for international travel through February 2021 just as a heads up
Please note that this is NOT set in stone and not likely to happen. Suddenly the world's press seems to have gotten hold of a document that was issued several weeks ago and is already out of date. That same document that indicates borders will only open in February 2021 also states that the country will move from level 4 to level 3 lock down around mid-July, whereas the country actually moved to level 3 on the 1st of June. In addition, the restrictions in both levels 4 and 3 have been challenged in court and the government has lost the case and has 14 days with which to release new guidelines. On the other hand the country has not yet "flattened the curve" and they are entering the colder winter period now. IMHO the borders will be open again by the end of September latest, but as I do not have that coveted crystal ball it could end up being February 2021.
tkelvin69, Unionruler and Yoshi212 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:22 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by beorbe
LA : MIA-JNB from $1811 Z Rtn Fare code ZEEEV58Q July 31st. onwards
LATAM airlines put the ZEEEV58Q in the promotional code box.

Also is there still a VISA requirement for transferring in Sao Paulo?

Thanks

Last edited by SSF556; Jun 4, 2020 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by SSF556
LATAM airlines put the ZEEEV58Q in the promotional code box.

Also is there still a VISA requirement for transferring in Sao Paulo?

Thanks
Not sure about a visa but a yellow fever vaccination was required coming from Brazil.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Please note that this is NOT set in stone and not likely to happen. Suddenly the world's press seems to have gotten hold of a document that was issued several weeks ago and is already out of date. That same document that indicates borders will only open in February 2021 also states that the country will move from level 4 to level 3 lock down around mid-July, whereas the country actually moved to level 3 on the 1st of June. In addition, the restrictions in both levels 4 and 3 have been challenged in court and the government has lost the case and has 14 days with which to release new guidelines. On the other hand the country has not yet "flattened the curve" and they are entering the colder winter period now. IMHO the borders will be open again by the end of September latest, but as I do not have that coveted crystal ball it could end up being February 2021.
There is a lot of discussion on the following threads in the Africa forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/afri...long-time.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/afri...ar-2020-a.html

Last edited by cheltzel; Jun 4, 2020 at 5:21 pm Reason: My bad ... there are two threads.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
I have done this (UA to SA though). It is a secure transit at GRU. They basically collect and direct transiting passenger when your flight arrives and you deplane at GRU. They do a quick passport check. You go through security and thats it in Brazil. We had a long layover, so we got a day room at the hotel inside the secured area. We had access to the *A lounge. Its good, but can get crowded and would not want to spend hours there. We hung out there on the return trip.

As a transiting passenger, I was not asked for a yellow fever cert upon arrival in JNB. I had one from a previous trip to Brazil, but never needed it to gain access to SA.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
I have done this (UA to SA though). It is a secure transit at GRU. They basically collect and direct transiting passenger when your flight arrives and you deplane at GRU. They do a quick passport check. You go through security and thats it in Brazil. We had a long layover, so we got a day room at the hotel inside the secured area. We had access to the *A lounge. Its good, but can get crowded and would not want to spend hours there. We hung out there on the return trip.

As a transiting passenger, I was not asked for a yellow fever cert upon arrival in JNB. I had one from a previous trip to Brazil, but never needed it to gain access to SA.
We were transiting through ADD a couple of years ago and Ethiopia was on the list of countries requiring a yellow fever vaccination for South Africa. I found that the rule was actually for a stay in the country and that an airport transit < 12 hours was exempt from that requirement. There are threads on the Africa forum discussing the requirement for the vaccination stamp for South Africa and other African countries. Lots of anecdotal reports that indicate the enforcement of this is pretty sporadic. Personally, I would figure out the rules as they apply to my unique situation and be compliant. If you run into an aggressive enforcer of these rules on entry, you are covered. And if not, you wasted some time and money. But in either event, you should have no issue on entry.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Not sure about a visa but a yellow fever vaccination was required coming from Brazil.
There is a yellow fever requirement going from Brazil to SA. Believe me, I know!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:48 am

Let me rephrase that. If you spend more than 24 hours in Brazil you need proof of yellow fever vaccine to get on a plane to SA. (I slayed over In Sao Paul) on my way to JNB and was unaware of this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:29 am

Has anyone tried to get vaccinated in Brazil? Finding that service in the US seems to be a major project.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Has anyone tried to get vaccinated in Brazil? Finding that service in the US seems to be a major project.
I believe you need to be vaccinated at least 10 days before departure.

I have no idea what is available in your area, but in the Chhicago metro area there were something like 6 to 10 places to get the yellow fever shot. Now price was something different. AFAIR, it cost me something like $150. But that was a couple of years ago and I can't find an email with the charge recorded and I am going purely from memory.
MaxVO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.