Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Lost property on a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to London Heathrow

Old May 26, 2020, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Dear All,

I am having stress contacting anyone at Thai Airways in the UK (presumably because of COVID-19) and would very greatly appreciate any help that can be provided on this forum.

In late March we traveled on a Thai Airways flight from Bangkok to London Heathrow and we left a personal item (a Ralph Lauren Fleece) in an overhead locker.

I assume the overhead lockers are checked by staff after each flight. I am trying to locate this fleece and would appreciate any information on where it maybe stored if anywhere. I assume it is held by Thai Airways lost property and not Heathrow Airport lost property??

Kind regards

MV
Old May 26, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I believe it is standard procedure for airlines at LHR to hand over lost property to HAL lost and found, so I think thats your best bet - looks like they even have an online inventory of all items:
https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../lost-property

That is of course assuming the cleaners were thorough enough to find it during the turnaround - if not it may have made it back to BKK and beyond.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome !
Old May 26, 2020, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for your quick response and for the link. So if I understand you correctly you believe Thai Airways don't have their own lost property store for items found on Thai Airways flights?
Old May 26, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
You are very welcome

At outstations I believe they do not - but as mentioned, your item may have made it onto the return flight to BKK as well.

Which number have you tried in the UK? - the website has a few options incl e-mail addresses for all as well. Might be worth a try if you have not already :

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/contact_us/index.page

It also has a number for the LHR office, but that is probably closed these days with no flights operating
Old May 26, 2020, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks again.

I have tried all Thai Airways numbers in the UK. The Customer Services and LHR offices seem to be closed.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:55 am

I guess it makes sense for them to close the offices during these times.

If no luck with HAL either, it might be worth calling TG in BKK if you have access to Skype or e.g MS Teams with phone capability.
Old May 26, 2020, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Ah do you have the skype address for Thai in Bangkok??? that would be very useful indeed!
Old May 26, 2020, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It will almost certainly have been taken to HAL Lost Property. Here is the link where you can search the database.

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../lost-property

If it did not get handed in, I suspect it is lost forever. The likelihood that TG kept it in Bangkok is extremely low, you'll have trouble getting someone to take ownership of the problem, and they wouldn't send it to the UK anyway (sorry!)
SKT-DK likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks people, very greatly appreciated indeed. I'll search that database! Many thanks
SKT-DK likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by MV Owner
Ah do you have the skype address for Thai in Bangkok??? that would be very useful indeed!
What I meant was using Skype to call the phone number of TG in BKK.

But, as mentioned I think the best bet is on Heathrows lost property

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.