Wiki Posts
Search

Future Booking Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: baec, HHonours
Question Future Booking Questions

Hi All, need the help of your collective minds please.
I have 2 questions for 2 different bookings,
  1. We have a booking on BA holidays for flights and car hire to Larnaca on the 4th July, the balance is due next week and currently they have not cancelled the flights. As this is a cash booking I really do not want another voucher as I have a couple already. How likely will they cancel the flights prior to the end of the week or do I need to pay the balance.
  2. We also have a 2-4-1 booking to MIA at christmas, this was originally booked in club but we have managed to upgrade the outbound to First. MMB states we have different baggage allowances but the dashboard on this thread clearly states that the First sector baggage applies to the CW inbound to, will we have any issues with 3 suitcases each on the return or will all be OK.
Many thanks in advance
ss
Old May 24, 2020, 5:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For 2 I am afraid the old system where the highest cabin baggage allowance applies to all flights in the booking is no more, I think that changed around 3 years ago. Your outbound flight will have an F allowance and t he inbound a CW allowance.

EDIT: here is the original thread BA removes baggage Most Generous Allowance (MGA) for new bookings from 18 Oct 2017
Old May 24, 2020, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
For 2 I am afraid the old system where the highest cabin baggage allowance applies to all flights in the booking is no more, I think that changed around 3 years ago. Your outbound flight will have an F allowance and t he inbound a CW allowance.

EDIT: here is the original thread BA removes baggage Most Generous Allowance (MGA) for new bookings from 18 Oct 2017
Thanks KARFA much appreciated, at least it may save me a small fortune on SWMBO shopping spree

ss
Old May 24, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by solwayspeedbird
  1. We have a booking on BA holidays for flights and car hire to Larnaca on the 4th July, the balance is due next week and currently they have not cancelled the flights. As this is a cash booking I really do not want another voucher as I have a couple already. How likely will they cancel the flights prior to the end of the week or do I need to pay the balance
Regarding your first question, balances of BA Holidays are now due 3 weeks before departure. In your case it will be on the 13th of June. A little more wiggle room for you.
solwayspeedbird likes this.
Old May 24, 2020, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Regarding your first question, balances of BA Holidays are now due 3 weeks before departure. In your case it will be on the 13th of June. A little more wiggle room for you.
Thanks for the info but on checking MMB it still says 30th May, is there any way to check if this is correct without ringing?

ss
Old May 24, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks for the info but on checking MMB it still says 30th May, is there any way to check if this is correct without ringing?

ss
No. But BA states the new three week due date on its main coronavirus info page:
We have reduced the ‘balance due’ date for all new and existing bookings that include a hotel and/or car. Your final balance is now due three weeks prior to your date of travel.
See the FAQs here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...h__COVID19#faq
Old May 24, 2020, 9:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And in addition in the main Rebooking thread there are probably a dozen examples of FTers in your position who have found out it's three weeks. If you don't pay a BAH final balance then they tend to call / email you anyway.
Old May 24, 2020, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No. But BA states the new three week due date on its main coronavirus info page:

See the FAQs here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...h__COVID19#faq
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And in addition in the main Rebooking thread there are probably a dozen examples of FTers in your position who have found out it's three weeks. If you don't pay a BAH final balance then they tend to call / email you anyway.
Thanks Both
ss
Old May 24, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
  1. We have a booking on BA holidays for flights and car hire to Larnaca on the 4th July, the balance is due next week and currently they have not cancelled the flights. As this is a cash booking I really do not want another voucher as I have a couple already. How likely will they cancel the flights prior to the end of the week or do I need to pay the balance.
  2. We also have a 2-4-1 booking to MIA at christmas, this was originally booked in club but we have managed to upgrade the outbound to First. MMB states we have different baggage allowances but the dashboard on this thread clearly states that the First sector baggage applies to the CW inbound to, will we have any issues with 3 suitcases each on the return or will all be OK.
Many thanks in advance
ss

Strange how people view the same situation differently.

I've concluded that Larnaca will be open to UK visitors from the first week of July and yesterday booked a LHR -LCA flight for 5th July and I'm obviously hoping it won't be cancelled.
Old May 24, 2020, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lioneye

I've concluded that Larnaca will be open to UK visitors from the first week of July and yesterday booked a LHR -LCA flight for 5th July and I'm obviously hoping it won't be cancelled.
I hope that you are correct but a lot has to change with both governments lifting restrictions etc

ss
Old May 29, 2020, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lioneye

LHR-LCA flight has now been cancelled

ss
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
LHR-LCA flight has now been cancelled

ss
It looks like they are thinning the flights down to one or two a day.

My 7am flight for the 5th July was cancelled so I've switched to the 9am.

Cyprus begins to accept foreign tourists from tomorrow and I'm still hopeful UK visitors will be accepted from the 1st week of July.

Just the green line crossings to contend with then!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.