Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

*** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

*** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

On official website, under COVID19.

Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:15 am

Way to go Marriott! Did not take long at all. I was Titanium in 2019 with 60+ nights. Status was downgraded to platinum earlier this month. At least this takes the travel pressure away during these uncertain periods.
nequine likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:18 am

Checking https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi now gives me the message "Your Elite Status is valid through February 2022" at the top of my profile. Definitely good news and I'm glad Marriott delivered.

I won't split hairs that they had to be forced to do the right thing by the entire industry doing it first; a win is a win. I'm happy.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by calculus1918
Way to go Marriott! Did not take long at all. I was Titanium in 2019 with 60+ nights. Status was downgraded to platinum earlier this month. At least this takes the travel pressure away during these uncertain periods.
If you think they are going to extend your Titanium status you are reading this wrong.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Cue the "but this isn't fair, I already earned status the 'hard' way" posts in 5...4...3...

Regards
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:27 am

I am perfectly fine with the earned Platinum from last year. At least I am not pressured into making x # of stays for the rest of this year. Start next year fresh!!!
CPRich and nequine like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did they modify the FN cert extension?

The new Letter from CEO only talked about the status extension, no mentioning of the certs.

https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/...e-from-our-ceo
lovebc2 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:33 am

Leave it to Bonvoy to find a way to mess this up.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Cue the "but this isn't fair, I already earned status the 'hard' way" posts in 5...4...3...

Regards
hyatt crew will here soon as well. whatever Marriott does at this point is just trash to some...

Marriott might as well just take the hit this year and revamp some of the status levels and make it harder to make status but make status more meaningful.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
I wonder if this extension will “count” for another year for lifetime status purposes.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
But this isn't fair! I already earned Gold tier status the hard way

Anyway I guess Bonvoy did the right thing by extending elites for 1 year.

While this extension might cause some members "shopping" around and try other non Bonvoy hotels when the virus issue cleared, I believe majority of members, me included, will stick to stay at familiar Bonvoy hotels.
(In fact I have planned to visit Bali and Singapore for stay at St Regis Bali and Raffles Singapore once travel resume)
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Checking https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myAccount/default.mi now gives me the message "Your Elite Status is valid through February 2022" at the top of my profile. Definitely good news and I'm glad Marriott delivered.

I won't split hairs that they had to be forced to do the right thing by the entire industry doing it first; a win is a win. I'm happy.
Are you Ambassador? I've never had anything on the site that showed my status expiration date.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
No kidding. You should see the Delta thread.

Finally, Marriott. Thank you.

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Are you Ambassador? I've never had anything on the site that showed my status expiration date.
I'm LTE and it says 'Your Elite Status is valid through February 2022' for me also (then the LTE status message).
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Sallycat
I wonder if this extension will “count” for another year for lifetime status purposes.
I had exactly this thought!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:50 am

I have a free night cert that will expire in Jan 2021. Why can't we get a 12 month extension like members in Greater China region?
360guy, lovebc2 and Intl359Widget like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.