Wiki Posts
Search

codeshare flight with BA disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
codeshare flight with BA disappeared

Found a nice deal a few months ago for AUS-LHR-BUD r/t in J on BA via AA codeshare. I was curious when I fares would disappear so I created an EF alert. It triggered yesterday. aa.com says there is a schedule change and the BUD-LHR segment is missing from the itinerary. EF stills show availability for BA 865 on 5/23/2020 but the codeshare is missing. I have a feeling I won't be going on this trip anyway but has anyone witnessed a codeshare disappearing when operating carrier's flt is still in place?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM; HH Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rayfes
Found a nice deal a few months ago for AUS-LHR-BUD r/t in J on BA via AA codeshare. I was curious when I fares would disappear so I created an EF alert. It triggered yesterday. aa.com says there is a schedule change and the BUD-LHR segment is missing from the itinerary. EF stills show availability for BA 865 on 5/23/2020 but the codeshare is missing. I have a feeling I won't be going on this trip anyway but has anyone witnessed a codeshare disappearing when operating carrier's flt is still in place?
i have seen the marketing (SK) carrier load a schedule change before the operating carrier UA) and got notified of the new itinerary by SK while the original UA flight was still available.

In your case BA has probably notified AA about the upcoming schedule change/cancellation. AA removed the codeshare in the massive schedule change it pushed Saturday night but BA has yet to load the schedule change on its side.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like the codeshare has been pushed back to June 4th. The carriers are almost certainly prepping to push forward April cuts into May. As noted above, AA probably was just notified of cut before BA publicly cuts the flight in the schedules.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
This is a fairly normal occurance though it can be disconcerting.

AA does its schedule changes on a Saturday and sometimes code shares become disconnected from the prime flight number and then AA manually connects them back and they return to the itinerrary.

It does not always mean the flight has been cancelled
Old Apr 6, 2020, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I'm not surprised FT knew what was likely happening. I'll check again in a week and see if the BA flt still shows. Not going to contact AA yet.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Waited a week. Saw that I could still book my original BA codeshare flights on aa.com BUD-LHR-AUS so I called. Was told AA canceled the BUD-LHR flt. I said it was a codeshare with BA that is still operating and she said it was an AA operated flt. Put me on hold and later told me she was able to get me on a BA flight still in J. Not sure why reservation got messed up but we are in special times. I hope by making this change I'll still be eligible for a refund later if it doesn't feel safe to go (May 13-23)

So my itinerary change wasn't caused by an upcoming flt cancellation (as of yet). Not sure why I didn't get rebooked onto the same flt automatically.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Do you really think the AUS-LHR flight on BA will run in May? In theory it's back on the schedule starting May 1 but considering how much everything is being cancelled in May I would be surprised if it survived. Out of curiosity I just took a look at your flight on the 13th and you'll have the A350 practically to yourself.

If COVID-19 hadn't happened I'd be sitting in J on the A350 right now, enroute back to Austin.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

No I actually don't expect this trip to happen but I'm going to keep things in place for now. My traveling companion for this trip is going to bail so now I can watch for window seats instead of middle pairs.

BA is nice enough to only give elites free seats assignments even in paid J so I haven't chosen a seat yet and may also be why the seat map is so empty but it's probably empty due to low load.

Have you been on the A350 with the latest BA J seat? I see that it has a door but it doesn't look very tall. Took an SQ A350 in J 6 weeks ago LAX-SIN-MEL (with a free 4 stopover) and it was great since I was able to get a bulkhead seat with a properly sized foot hole. EF is such a great tool.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
BA is nice enough to only give elites free seats assignments even in paid J so I haven't chosen a seat yet and may also be why the seat map is so empty but it's probably empty due to low load.
Even with the restrictions on advance seat assignments on BA it was a very light load based on what I've seen in the past.

Have you been on the A350 with the latest BA J seat? I see that it has a door but it doesn't look very tall. Took an SQ A350 in J 6 weeks ago LAX-SIN-MEL (with a free 4 stopover) and it was great since I was able to get a bulkhead seat with a properly sized foot hole. EF is such a great tool.
No, the flight yesterday was to be my first BA flight on that plane. Of late I had been flying BA J only when I could get one of the few prime seats on the upper deck of the 747, which BA had on the AUS-LHR route until recently. I was really looking forward to the new plane.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Stripe. BA canceled AUS-LHR on 5/13 so I've canceled the entire trip. Was looking forward to the new J on the A350 but it'll have to wait. I did fly F on a BA 747 last year which was nice though the middle seats we were in didn't offer much privacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.